Cant connect with new account details

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
lostmort

Cant connect with new account details

Post by lostmort » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Moved house just recently and cancel reconnected to exetel from a 1.5MB plan to 8MB plan.
When I moved house I plugged in the modem and to my surprise it connected with my old account details . Sweet I said and then forgot to change the password to new one.

As the old account is paid up till the end of the month no stress . But when I know use the new login and password it connects fine in the modem but all I can get its the link to http://blocked.exetel.com.au/block.php .this is kind of odd as the account has never been used before.

"What the" I said so I went through each link to do the unblocks but all come back sorry your not on the blocked list .

I've logged into the exetel member settings but no issues there . I'm logged in on ****@qld.exetel.com.au atm But I've also noticed in member services it shows my modem login as *******@nsw.exetel.com.au .Is it possible to login that way ? and the differance in login is causing the issue ?

Could that be causing my issue ? or is it some kind of block on changing accounts on the same ip address from exetel ? Tries reseting modem and it connects and straight back to blocked.

Changed back to my prior account and that works fine and I can post here.

Logged a ticket #2537335#

lostmort

Re: Cant connect with new account details

Post by lostmort » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:11 pm

OK so it appears that my new login is *******@nsw.exetel.com.au not ********@qld.exetel.com.au even though im in qld.
Just have to get home to test it .

Silly question is why does it authenticate in the first place ? You would think it would get rejected.

Tim K

Re: Cant connect with new account details

Post by Tim K » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:20 pm

lostmort wrote:OK so it appears that my new login is *******@nsw.exetel.com.au not ********@qld.exetel.com.au even though im in qld.
Just have to get home to test it .

Silly question is why does it authenticate in the first place ? You would think it would get rejected.
Please let us know if this doesn't work (you should still be able to access the forums if you can sync). We may need to recreate your login details, but I want to see whether this works or not.