Unbelievably wrong peak user meter data

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
bathuu

Unbelievably wrong peak user meter data

Post by bathuu » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:51 am

Hi Exetel,
I think I'm having wrong user meter indication in peak time that it is showing I have used almost half of my monthly bandwidth in just beginning of 2 days of this month. Could you correct this for me please. I'm quite sure I have set all of my downloading applications for off peak time /it has been there long time without any hassle/, so there's no way of using 2GB peak data in 2 days.
Cheers

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Unbelievably wrong peak user meter data

Post by James » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:11 pm

bathuu wrote:Hi Exetel,
I think I'm having wrong user meter indication in peak time that it is showing I have used almost half of my monthly bandwidth in just beginning of 2 days of this month. Could you correct this for me please. I'm quite sure I have set all of my downloading applications for off peak time /it has been there long time without any hassle/, so there's no way of using 2GB peak data in 2 days.
Cheers
Hi,

Please email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au so they can look into it.

James

bathuu

Post by bathuu » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Sure, I have booked a fault ticket, so hopefully it will be corrected. :D

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 am

I'm sure it will be:)

bathuu

Post by bathuu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 pm

It has been several days, and I haven't heard back from you/Exetel regarding my problem and it still persists. :(

Jinster

Post by Jinster » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:52 am

Bathuu, did the problem occur on the 2nd of April? If so, there might have been some sort of system problem with Exetel. A large chunk of my downloads got counted to peak on the 2nd of April, even though all my download managers are set to download during off-peak only. This only happened on the 2nd of April; every other day the downloads were fine. I haven't changed the scheduler.

bathuu

Post by bathuu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm not sure about exactly what day it had been surged, but I think you are right about it. After few days of beginning of the month I discovered it suddenly. Probably it has something to do with no connection dilemma that happened over the last Easter weekend. Now it seems all other days' bandwidth has been measured correctly. Currently it shows that I have used up about half of my monthly peak bandwidth in just first week, which bit overwhelming. :shock:

Jinster

Post by Jinster » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:11 am

You can check which day very easily by clicking into the detailed usage chart.

bathuu

Post by bathuu » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Hellooooooouo. Anyone from EXETEL?
It has been 20 days, since I have put this issue to you and booked a fault ticket. But no one responded to it. I'm just wondering have you shutdown your customer service department Or this is not an BIG issue as you would look into?
Finally, I have now run out of my peak bandwidth because of this an unexplainable irregular sudden surge of use had eaten up some of it on the beginning of this month.
According to the mini Exetel usage meter data, the irregular peak usage had occured on the 3th, 4th and 5th of this month downloading 825.26mb, 1.12gb and 584.05mb data on each day, respectively. I have included copy of this usage chart so you can clearly compare this to the usage of other days.
Now there are still 5 days to go till next month and I'm starting to experience painfully slow/shaped connection with no sites other than exetel no messenger and no VOIP services are accessible on the peak and even off peak period, yet when there's plenty of off-peak bandwidth is available. /virtually no connection at all/
Could someone please correct this problem and revert back my usage status to its correct state that I can still enjoy for my normal service for the rest of the month.
Cheers
Attachments
usage_meter.JPG
The green bar is the peak usage indicator
usage_meter.JPG (28.61 KiB) Viewed 1362 times

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:17 pm

bathuu wrote:Hellooooooouo. Anyone from EXETEL?
It has been 20 days, since I have put this issue to you and booked a fault ticket. But no one responded to it. I'm just wondering have you shutdown your customer service department Or this is not an BIG issue as you would look into?
Finally, I have now run out of my peak bandwidth because of this an unexplainable irregular sudden surge of use had eaten up some of it on the beginning of this month.
According to the mini Exetel usage meter data, the irregular peak usage had occured on the 3th, 4th and 5th of this month downloading 825.26mb, 1.12gb and 584.05mb data on each day, respectively. I have included copy of this usage chart so you can clearly compare this to the usage of other days.
Now there are still 5 days to go till next month and I'm starting to experience painfully slow/shaped connection with no sites other than exetel no messenger and no VOIP services are accessible on the peak and even off peak period, yet when there's plenty of off-peak bandwidth is available. /virtually no connection at all/
Could someone please correct this problem and revert back my usage status to its correct state that I can still enjoy for my normal service for the rest of the month.
Cheers
What is yourticket number?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:17 pm

bathuu wrote:Hellooooooouo. Anyone from EXETEL?
Cheers
What is yourticket number?

bathuu

Post by bathuu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi James, thanks for response. Ticket number that lodged on 4th April for incorrect usage meter reading is #2554172. Is it possible to revert this incorrect reading and I can have my a GB or so peak bandwidth back and enjoy for normal connection? :roll:

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:40 am

Hi,

It is being looked at now, it iwll be resolved today.

James

bathuu

Post by bathuu » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:45 am

The issue has been addressed. Thanks James :D

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sat May 01, 2010 10:59 pm

My peak usage for this month 1/2 hour ago was .75 GB which would be about right as i have been on forums all day that use a fair bit of multimedia. I just went to my members page again and it's up to 3.97GB of my 10GB quota for the month.Is this a normal thing that corrects itself? There is no way known I could have used 4GB browsing the web! Edit: Scratch that as i just did a refresh and it dropped back down to .75GB