Z/22NOTEL Unlimited definition

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Wozz

Z/22NOTEL Unlimited definition

Post by Wozz » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi all,

Have just read something on some other forums about people being kicked.. But no concrete info on why (could have been anything)..
Just want to know on the z/22NOTEL plan i'm on for offpeak it says unlimited.. If I were to say download 300gb a month would there be any issues in that?
If it's too much what is the actual limit?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Z/22NOTEL Unlimited definition

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:57 am

Wozz wrote:If I were to say download 300gb a month would there be any issues in that?
If you sustained that level over consecutive months, then yes, I'd say that would probably bring undue attention upon yourself and you'd risk disconnection.

In general, I do not think Exetel introduced the unlimited plan for ultra-high, sustained downloads but more so to cater for abnormal and infrequent spikes in usage
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

cdonges

Post by cdonges » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:04 pm

So, you are saying doing 300GB in offpeak for one month is ok?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:22 pm

cdonges wrote:So, you are saying doing 300GB in offpeak for one month is ok?
I'm not confirming that, no.

Exetel have their own policy of what constitutes "abuse" or "grounds for disconnection" and there is no hard limit for this concept. I struggle to think of any reason why you'd want to download that much in a single month. Surely spreading that out over 2-3 months would be more feasible
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Wozz

Post by Wozz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Cheers Corey,
Just wanted to get a rough idea/opinion.