Over 200ms ping and 150ms Jitter at random hours of the day

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
nerdboyxxx

Re: Constant disconnections and horrible connection before 12?

Post by nerdboyxxx » Sun May 02, 2010 9:34 am

Okay, I've filled out a template theysent me 17 hours ago and I haven't recieved a response from them...

...This is getting ridiculous.

nerdboyxxx

Re: Over 200ms ping and 150ms Jitter at random hours of the day

Post by nerdboyxxx » Sun May 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Update: It continues to spike, at the moment it is horrible but around 3-4 hours ago it was doing fine. Exetel have found no fault with the line after running further tests, therefore it leads me to research the congestion problem. After around 5 minutes of researching it was apparent that I was not the only one with the exact same issue. Turns out there is a heaps of congestion because of the new "unlimited" plan been introduced at the moment to customers, and knowing how totally awesome it is have started to download crazy amounts in a short period of time, all hours of the day. So, unless exetel roll back some of these abusers or temporarily suspend there service for abusing the system (well, that's what I'd call it) then I'll just have to put up with it.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Over 200ms ping and 150ms Jitter at random hours of the day

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue May 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Issues like congestion often seem to be geographical and dependent on certain overutilised exchanges. Both Exetel and exchanges regularly increase their network capacity based on demand so hopefully it doesn't persist long.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au