Regular Net Traffic is Being Deprioritised.

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
IronM@sk

Regular Net Traffic is Being Deprioritised.

Post by IronM@sk » Wed May 05, 2010 12:17 pm

I am adding my complaints to the slow bandwidth wagon and will launch a support ticket immediately after this post.

My RSS reader alerted me to the fact the latest epidode of HDNation (Free and perfectly legal HTTP download) and a TekZilla Daily clip from Revision3 were available. I get the 720p30fps version so this particulat episode was 437mb (34mb for TZ Daily). I can't recall exatly what time before midday I started the download but my speed was around 30-40 kB/sec. Miraculously at 12pm my download speed increased to over 400 kB/sec (Using default FireFox download by the way).

I keep reading posts by CoreyPlover that say only traffic on non-standard ports are affected by deprioritisation, can someone then tell me why a regular HTTP browser download was shaped to 30 kB/sec before midday, then let to run freely after?

I also have similar problems with YouTube streaming. It simply doesn't. I have to wait til it starts playing, then pause it to let it buffer. I timed a 5 minute movie trailer in 720p yesterday took 47 minutes to fully buffer. This is unacceptable.

I am in QLD (as many experiencing such slowness are) on the MYDE exchange. I also live directly across the road from said exchange and my router actually says it syncs above the rated plan speed (not doubt because i'm so close)

Code: Select all

DownStream Connection Speed  	22258 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 	812 kbps

JasonM

Re: Regular Net Traffic is Being Deprioritised.

Post by JasonM » Wed May 05, 2010 12:25 pm

The graphs in members facilities show the link utilisation, and an upgrade is planned.

It's nothing to do with prioritisation.