Clarification of plan needed please...

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Post Reply
thomashouseman
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: Toongabbie
Contact:

Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by thomashouseman » Wed May 12, 2010 11:36 am

Hi,

I'm currently on:

Plan Type: NF/21INCTEL
Monthly Access Charge: $60.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 5000
Peak Period Option: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: N/A
Service Line Speed: ADSL2+
Service Activation Date: 2006-08-31
Contract Period: 12 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2007-08-31

Now looking at my options in Member Facilities, I have the option of changing to:

Z/20INCTEL $10.00 $55.00 10 gbytes Unlimited = No Limit Shaped to 512kbps

This "appears" to be a better plan. i'd just like clarification on:

Does my Peak Period Option of 2:00pm - 2:00am stay the same?

If so, why am I being offered a $5 cheaper plan with 5gb more peak data or am I missing something obvious?

EDIT:

p.s. Are we still going to be offered a "free" Wireless HSPA service anytime in the near future?

Muffinguy
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by Muffinguy » Wed May 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Probably not missing anything, having been with Exetel for some years, you will find they will offer better deals if their circumstances change. ie. costs reduce. My initial plan was around 30/40GB peak /off peak for i think was $55.00 (pretty good deal at the time), now it 90GB / Unlimited @ the same price. Thats why i love them :)

ManUtdFans
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:01 pm

Re: Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by ManUtdFans » Fri May 14, 2010 10:07 am

Muffinguy wrote:Probably not missing anything, having been with Exetel for some years, you will find they will offer better deals if their circumstances change. ie. costs reduce. My initial plan was around 30/40GB peak /off peak for i think was $55.00 (pretty good deal at the time), now it 90GB / Unlimited @ the same price. Thats why i love them :)

How much is your plan?
90 GB/Unlimited
with phone ?

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by James » Fri May 14, 2010 10:11 am

thomashouseman wrote:Hi,

I'm currently on:

Plan Type: NF/21INCTEL
Monthly Access Charge: $60.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 5000
Peak Period Option: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: N/A
Service Line Speed: ADSL2+
Service Activation Date: 2006-08-31
Contract Period: 12 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2007-08-31

Now looking at my options in Member Facilities, I have the option of changing to:

Z/20INCTEL $10.00 $55.00 10 gbytes Unlimited = No Limit Shaped to 512kbps

This "appears" to be a better plan. i'd just like clarification on:

Does my Peak Period Option of 2:00pm - 2:00am stay the same?

If so, why am I being offered a $5 cheaper plan with 5gb more peak data or am I missing something obvious?

EDIT:

p.s. Are we still going to be offered a "free" Wireless HSPA service anytime in the near future?

You would move bck to the off peak of whatever plan you chose.

thomashouseman
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: Toongabbie
Contact:

Re: Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by thomashouseman » Fri May 14, 2010 10:59 am

Could you please advise what the offpeak period for the Z/20INCTEL plan is? It's not on the change plan page anywhere... and because they're not current plans offered to new members it's not under your http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_nf.php page either.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Z/ plans have 12-12 peak / offpeak
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

thomashouseman
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: Toongabbie
Contact:

Re: Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by thomashouseman » Fri May 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Bwahahaha!

Exetel revised the change plan page in Member services within the past hour to the new OT plans. Missed it by "That much"!

Oh well, I guess I'll just stick to my current NF plan till Exetel force us out/off it. (I give them less than a year)

T.

Edit: On the off chance anyone from Exetel can do it, I'd be grateful if you moved me to a Z/20INCTEL plan thanks :)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri May 14, 2010 2:02 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Edit: On the off chance anyone from Exetel can do it, I'd be grateful if you moved me to a Z/20INCTEL plan thanks :)
You might try emailing Exetel (not sure of an appropriate email for it though). Perhaps appeal to management using your Suggestions Box? If you have a good history with Exetel, then they might allow it out of good faith.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

lovard
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: Newtown

Re: Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by lovard » Fri May 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Too funny, you want the old plan and can only get the new one.....
I want the new plan and can only get the old one...

Mine is naked though so it's probably further down the list...

bodogbodog
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Clarification of plan needed please...

Post by bodogbodog » Sun May 16, 2010 7:00 pm

thomashouseman wrote:On the off chance anyone from Exetel can do it, I'd be grateful if you moved me to a Z/20INCTEL plan thanks :)
Done - http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 45#p276257
Personally I just got my change through before they dissapeared on Friday. Good to hear others are going to get the chance to move to the Z/20INCTEL plan as well, and continue to enjoy the offpeak period and low cost excess downloads @ 50c/gb

Post Reply