Drop Out on New Lambton Exchange

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
PeterRoss

Drop Out on New Lambton Exchange

Post by PeterRoss » Thu May 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Hey everyone, first post.

Been struggling with frequent drop outs, (only for 20 seconds or so each drop out) around every 5 - 10 minutes, have tried isolating the problem and no change.
Im using a speedstream 6520, all the settings are exactly how they should be according the exewiki.
when the connection drops out, the modem loses the DSL Light, then the Internet light, then it immediately reconnects.

Up until monday the connection had been fine for about 6 months.

looking for help. =]

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Drop Out on New Lambton Exchange

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri May 14, 2010 12:52 pm

I would suggest you log a fault (see sig). You might also want to borrow a replacement modem if this is feasible for you
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

PeterRoss

Post by PeterRoss » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:54 pm

The drop outs initially stopped, although i just spend 1 week without internet as the DSL light stayed on and the internet light wouldnt come on, after about 4 calls to support the issue was "resolved" when a technician was sent to the exchange. Now that the connection is back the drop outs are back and i have tried another modem (netgear DG834G) and the same issue. Drops out every 5 minutes on a dime. Confusing.

stickmatrix

Post by stickmatrix » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:20 pm

same issue on the mayfield exchange.