Shaping/Excess charge for Z/20NOTEL (and "ONA"?)

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Osprey06

Shaping/Excess charge for Z/20NOTEL (and "ONA"?)

Post by Osprey06 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi,

May is my first month on the Z/20NOTEL plan and I have deliberately gone over the included quota for the peak period to test how well the 512Kb/s shaping works.

It seems that after going over quota, my internet was blocked all together ala the old shaping/excess charged system, receiving connection failures when trying to navigate to any non-Exetel page. After allowing a few hours, the internet was still blocked and I manually navigated to http://blocked.exetel.com.au/usage in the hope this would unblock the internet. This did work, however those pages displayed warnings about being charged $6/Gb for anything more than 2Gb over cap - which I presume do not relate to users on the Z/20NOTEL plan?

I would like to confirm that the shaping system on Z/20NOTEL is, in fact, that stated in the members facilities (quoted below), rather than that indicated by http://blocked.exetel.com.au/usage.
https://www.exetel.com.au/members/account_change_shape_option.php wrote:The default setting for your ADSL plan is to allow you to be "shaped" to 512 kbps once you reach your peak period limited.

Shaping will allow you to download up to 50% of your peak allowance after which your plan will automatically revert to charged at 50 cents per gigabyte downloaded in the peak period with no option to change back to shaped.
Thanks,
James

shoner
Exetel Staff

Re: Shaping/Excess charge for Z/20NOTEL (and "ONA"?)

Post by shoner » Sun May 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi,

Could you kindly PM me your service number related to this query?

Thanks
Shone
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

IWoNdEr

Post by IWoNdEr » Wed May 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi,

My situation is exactly the same as Osprey06 except that my plan is Z/21INCTEL. I've already emailed ADSL residential support three days ago (Ticket number: #2749208#) but haven't had a reply yet. Today I've received the second notice about approaching the "2Gb" limit after which there will be a charge of $6/Gb. In the member's facility its still stated that the download after shaping is up to 50% of the peak limit (in my case this would equate to 15Gb) and only 50c/Gb after that. Can you please clarify this for me.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jeff

sable

Post by sable » Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 pm

I would think that both of you had previously selected shaping under the old "rules" which gave you a 2Gb free buffer and then charged $6 Gb excess.

Changing to a new plan does not change your shaping "status" you have to email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au and request that the old shaping be removed.

There are many threads about this.

xsilver

Post by xsilver » Thu May 27, 2010 6:31 pm

I kind of have the same problem but Im not getting the block page, instead some sites work at 100% speed, some 5% and most not at all. (timeout)

Its not limited to AU/ international - do I have the same problem?