New Plans

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
stickmatrix

New Plans

Post by stickmatrix » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi, i'll try keep this as short as possible.
i'm currently on INCPHONE B (30gb/54gb) and am thinking of changing to a new plan, i was looking at your current provided plans and noticed that OTCW is around the same price, but what don't see is an off peak usage, is off peak unlimited for this as the other plans provided earlier (last month or so) or is there no off peak provided? thanks.

edit: nevermind, i noticed the big red writing
* Downloads between 2 am and 8 am do not count towards your included plan allowance from 1st June 2010

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: New Plans

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:24 am

You are correct regarding the 2am-8am unmetered period; this is the replacement to off-peak. When I last looked, Exetel had reworded things and returned to the "peak" / "off-peak" wording so now it shows xGB "peak" from 8am to 2am and "Uncharged" off peak from 2am-8am. Note however that "uncharged" does not implied "unlimited". There are still Acceptable Usage Policies just like for older plans so don't download 100GB+ each and every month.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

ManUtdFans

Post by ManUtdFans » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:10 am

CoreyPlover wrote:You are correct regarding the 2am-8am unmetered period; this is the replacement to off-peak. When I last looked, Exetel had reworded things and returned to the "peak" / "off-peak" wording so now it shows xGB "peak" from 8am to 2am and "Uncharged" off peak from 2am-8am. Note however that "uncharged" does not implied "unlimited". There are still Acceptable Usage Policies just like for older plans so don't download 100GB+ each and every month.
Exetel is playing another game.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:07 pm

The distinction between "uncharged" and "unlimited" has been established for months now. Exetel are simply returning to a terminology that it has used since about April, perhaps even prior to this. There are no 'games' afoot
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au