Adsl1 Corio DSLAM fault

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Sp4nKy

Adsl1 Corio DSLAM fault

Post by Sp4nKy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Hey guys, I have made a topic about this before but i have had more people come to me with the issue at hand. I have given up on getting the issue fixed and tonight i have found out more and has rekindled my spirit to get the issues at hand fixed.

As my past topics have gotten deleted from the recent forum changes i will need to get speedtests and tracert's again but i now have 3 other people with the same issue as 2 people are with tesltra and 1 person is with internode.

Internode have quoted to the other guy who is having issues
"I have looked through your fault tickets and I can see your service is affected by a congestion issue at your exchange. This requires our wholesaler to perform a maintenance upgrade on the DSLAM at the Corio Exchange."

My real question is without opening a fault ticket and getting asked for speedtests and getting a tech sent out to tell us what we already know about the dslam. Is there a way to hurry the wholesaler (assuming telstra)
We have a survy going and are going to go door knocking to see how many people are affected and go from there.... Will we have to goto the ombudsman to get this fixed or is there something exetel or internode do to hurry telstra on the issue?

JasonM

Re: Adsl1 Corio DSLAM fault

Post by JasonM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:27 am

Sp4nKy wrote:Is there a way to hurry the wholesaler (assuming telstra)
No, they set the time frames of their upgrades, they don't supply an ETA, they don't advise completion, we only have a report that shows which users are impacted, and whether they were just added, or have been there from the previous report.
Sp4nKy wrote:Will we have to goto the ombudsman to get this fixed or is there something exetel or internode do to hurry telstra on the issue?
The TIO operate on a policy of "Bill the Biller", so in this case, Exetel is the Biller.
The TIO would log the complaint against Exetel, who would investigate your complaint, come to the same finding as I have, and resolve the complaint (so it would achieve nothing of use for you).

Telstra do actually perform the upgrades, users are removed, but the timeframe is unknown. They could upgrade the service in a week, or 2 months, depending on the work involved. The users typically targetted have a pattern - usage that is higher than a certain GB (high usage!), and on the high speed 8Mbps services (shaped to 3Mbps). I can tell you, you are our only affected user in Corio.

The better option would be to remove yourself from the Telstra ADSL1 network, I can see ADSL2+ via our Optus network is available in your area, but unfortunately, they don't have any free ports at the moment, but this changes from time to time as users disconnect, relocate, applications get cancelled.

Sp4nKy

Re: Adsl1 Corio DSLAM fault

Post by Sp4nKy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Thank you for your help. Pain in the backside if you ask me since i know it isnt exetels fault and yet i cant do anything and nether can you guys and the last thing i would want to do is call the ombudsman on exetel!.

Once again thank you. Another thumbs up to Exetel and their staff