1500D Plan question

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Tazz

1500D Plan question

Post by Tazz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 am

I have just changed to the 1500D plan, in my members area it shows the following.
4c56132d.gif
4c56132d.gif (4.78 KiB) Viewed 530 times
What does N/A mean?
And what does changing the excess download option mean? change from what? to what?

Klaas

Re: 1500D Plan question

Post by Klaas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Tazz wrote:I have just changed to the 1500D plan, in my members area it shows the following.
What does N/A mean?
And what does changing the excess download option mean? change from what? to what?
N/A means you are shaped when you hit your quota (ie, there is currently no excess charge applied to your plan).

Clicking on the change excess download option will present you with screen allowing you to change from the default shaping to a charge for excess downloads - you can only do this once per plan, and it takes effect the next month, as is explained when you click on the button.

To make it clear, clicking on the button doesn't activate any changes, it takes you to the screen allowing to change or not change.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Klaas wrote:
Tazz wrote:I have just changed to the 1500D plan, in my members area it shows the following.
What does N/A mean?
N/A means you are shaped when you hit your quota (ie, there is currently no excess charge applied to your plan).

Clicking on the change excess download option will present you with screen allowing you to change from the default shaping to a charge for excess downloads - you can only do this once per plan, and it takes effect the next month, as is explained when you click on the button.

To make it clear, clicking on the button doesn't activate any changes, it takes you to the screen allowing to change or not change.
Thanks for the explanations...
So why can't N/A be replaced with " shaped" or the current state of the plan.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Tazz wrote:So why can't N/A be replaced with " shaped" or the current state of the plan.
That is a great suggestion. You might like to submit it via the Suggestions Box in your member facilities
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:09 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
Tazz wrote:So why can't N/A be replaced with " shaped" or the current state of the plan.
That is a great suggestion. You might like to submit it via the Suggestions Box in your member facilities
Have now done so...