Upgrade from 1500 to Telstra ADSL2+ speeds slow

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Anthonyeveritt

Upgrade from 1500 to Telstra ADSL2+ speeds slow

Post by Anthonyeveritt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:46 am

Hi all,
Adding my horror story to the mix of people that have upgraded and still have speeds no better than ADSL.

Going through the forums it's seems like there are a lot of people all experiencing the same problem.

It would seem to me that there is a systemic problem somewhere.

I have done al the isolation tests, turn modem off for 30mins, run download tests from akamai servers, run exetel speed test over a 45 min period , logged a fault ticket etc.

Modem syncs at 24000/1024.

Uploads seem to have increased but downloads are no better

Seeing my accounts page still saying I'm on an ADSL1 connection doesn't fill me with a lot of faith either.

I'm just thinking that exetel might need to have a look at why so many people are getting this issue.

That is all

Anthony

kjd

Re: Upgrade from 1500 to Telstra ADSL2+ speeds slow

Post by kjd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:32 am

Mine says I'm still on my old plan mate it also has the same usage as my old plan.

So don't let that fool you.

Anthonyeveritt

Post by Anthonyeveritt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 am

Kjd,

Yeah I am trying not to.

Seen to many problems like this at my work dealing with clients connections so it just plays on my mind.

Cheers man

Anthony

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:47 am

Anthonyeveritt wrote:Seeing my accounts page still saying I'm on an ADSL1 connection doesn't fill me with a lot of faith either.
It's been stated in a number of posts, that your plan details will officially change on 1st September, although Telstra may/will/have changed your actual connection before then.

As you appear to be syncing at ADSL2+ speeds, and done all the tests, logging a ticket was the best thing to do.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 pm

Anthonyeveritt wrote:Going through the forums it's seems like there are a lot of people all experiencing the same problem.
It would seem to me that there is a systemic problem somewhere.
Really?

It seems to me when going through the forums, that there are many, many more posts highlighting how their Telstra ADSL2+ service was cut-over immediately, or within about 3 days. Nevertheless, if it hasn't been effected by 1 September, you can follow up further via a ticket submission
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au