Couple Questions

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
TravAlt

Couple Questions

Post by TravAlt » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Why does my offpeak period keep changing between 2 - 8am and 4 - 10am?

And how do I change my peak to charge 50c per extra GB, currently it will be shaped.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Couple Questions

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:23 pm

TravAlt wrote:Why does my offpeak period keep changing between 2 - 8am and 4 - 10am?
Member Facility glitches. See viewtopic.php?f=303&t=36853
TravAlt wrote:And how do I change my peak to charge 50c per extra GB, currently it will be shaped.
Not sure, as I'm on an old $0.50/GB plan already. But perhaps it would be in the Member Facilities, under Manage Services > Change Service? If not, you can email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to request the change
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:47 pm

TravAlt wrote:And how do I change my peak to charge 50c per extra GB, currently it will be shaped.
When you log into your member facilities, select the "Manage Services" menu item, and select "ADSL" from the submenu.

Your current details will displayed, with a button in the middle saying "Change Peak Excess Downloads Option" - click on that, following the bouncing ball to change from shaping to charged - note it will only come into effect from the 1st of the following month.

TravAlt

Post by TravAlt » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Under "Current ADSL Plan", there are no buttons or links.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au then (and also ask why the option is not appearing for you)
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:06 am

TravAlt wrote:Under "Current ADSL Plan", there are no buttons or links.
As Corey advises, email Exetel to find out why you are not seeing this option.

This is what I see under "Current ADSL Plan":