Should I be calling someone yet?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ScoopD

Should I be calling someone yet?

Post by ScoopD » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:43 am

Raised my request to change from ADSL1 to Telstra ADSL2 on 1st Sept. The change page says it was sent to Telstra on that day and my application is PENDING. Today is the 10th. Sure there was a weekend in there, but we are already up to 7 working days today.
I am so sick of my 1.5M connection. Please Please Please give me ADSL2.

JasonM

Re: Should I be calling someone yet?

Post by JasonM » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:43 am

The upgrades to ADSL2+ in advance were only progressed until the end of August, submissions after that time are processed at the start of the next month (as all plan changes).

jabbado

Post by jabbado » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Yeah, I wish Exetel could've explained better in the announcement email about this. Like the OP I decided to upgrade but did it a few days into the month (thought that's what they meant you to do). Been sitting here wondering why it still says "pending". Wasn't until I went back to the Change Service page and read the writing at the bottom. Living in a rural area I've been hanging for adsl2+ speeds. Now have to wait another 3 weeks. Damn. But it's my fault really.

ScoopD

Post by ScoopD » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:12 pm

So why does it say "sent to Telstra on" which would indicate the hold-up is with Telstra not doing their bit.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:16 pm

ScoopD wrote:So why does it say "sent to Telstra on" which would indicate the hold-up is with Telstra not doing their bit.
The requested date is used - which in your case is filled with 01/09/2010.

Taltosss

Post by Taltosss » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Hello JasonM.

I wasn't aware that after August the requests would only be sent at the end of the month. I am located on a RIM and applied last month to change to TW Adsl 2 TE-2D. Unfortunately, the request was rejected. I believe it was because there were no ports available.

I have used your checker here http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/sq_check_tl.pl to check my number regularly since and the response has just changed in the last week to "Fail - Transposition may be available. Submit order." I submitted my order last weekend on the 4/9/10, thinking these would be actioned within a couple of days, like they were in August. Still says Pending, and your response explains why.

I have just checked on Bigponds page here https://my.bigpond.com/check-availability/default.do and it says that Bigpond ADSL2+ is available on my number.

My question is that with obviously limited ports available on my RIM Wurtulla DA063, is there any chance that you could progress my order while it seems that a port may be available, or will I just have to try placing an order once every month and see if port lotto works in my favour?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mike.

ScoopD

Post by ScoopD » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:16 pm

The confirmation e-mail I received said -
Any change you make will come in to effect within one working day at the earliest and up to five days (depending on Telstra Wholesale's work load).

jabbado

Post by jabbado » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 pm

ScoopD wrote:The confirmation e-mail I received said -
Any change you make will come in to effect within one working day at the earliest and up to five days (depending on Telstra Wholesale's work load).
Yep. Along with the information on the "Change Service Status" page it makes it seem like applications are still done immediately (or on request date).
But go to the "Change Service" page and pretend to upgrade the service again. After clicking "apply" it will take you to another page. Read down the very bottom of the page. I missed it too.