Outage Sat Sept 25, 2010

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
timeimp

Outage Sat Sept 25, 2010

Post by timeimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:48 am

Hello fellow Exetel users,
Could someone (perhaps Exetel) please state why a network-wide failure occurred this morning [Sat, Sept 25]
This was a major inconvenience and gives me yet another reason to leave Exetel. Perhaps a quite word to Optus and their people would help?

timeimp

JamesR

Re: Outage Sat Sept 25, 2010

Post by JamesR » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:52 am

Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

timeimp

Post by timeimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks.

ania

Post by ania » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:29 pm

I had an outage this morning at about 9am, and again just now at 11.15pm, for about half an hour to an hour each time, which made me lose games I was playing and also i was not able to make some important fincancial tracactions i was counting on.

The most irritating thing about this is that looking at Network status, nothing shows up.

Like, oh yeah, some people didn't have internet for 30-60 min at a time, but let's not tell anybody about it and just pretend everything is ok.

what;s the point of having a network status page if you dont tell the truth on it????!!

exetel, i have been with you for 6 years, but i am very disappointed now and i am going to look elsewhere

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:45 pm

ania wrote:I had an outage this morning at about 9am, and again just now at 11.15pm, for about half an hour to an hour each time, which made me lose games I was playing and also i was not able to make some important fincancial tracactions i was counting on.
Oh, for the love of...

The number of times people pull out the lame "I couldn't make important financial transactions" excuse: You have a "residential ADSL service". Downtime, however small, is inevitable in the real world. If you truly have important financial transactions to make (the importance of which I would call into question given that they appear second in priority to your game playing), get a business grade internet connection.
ania wrote:Like, oh yeah, some people didn't have internet for 30-60 min at a time, but let's not tell anybody about it and just pretend everything is ok.
!!? "Let's not tell anyone"??! Just what do you think viewtopic.php?f=296&t=36984 is? There is a whole thread devoted purely to Exetel announcing outages (planned and unplanned): viewforum.php?f=296. Bookmark it!
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au