Moving House rejected...

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
majones

Moving House rejected...

Post by majones » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

2 weeks ago I tried to do a service relocation.
Today I received an email telling me my service relocation had been rejected:

The reason for putting your application for rejection is: Please be advised that your relocation application has been rejected due to “No Cables” at the new location. Usually this happens when there has been No internet service at the new location possibly due to a newly developed area/address.

However upon further investigation our supplier confirms that there is no Vacant copper in-order to proceed with your request.

As a result you will have to contact a line rental provider like (eg;- telstra) to activate a telephone line and then apply for a new service.

Exetel Pty Ltd
Firstly, when I pick up my phone at my new location and I try to dial my mobile number, I get through to a Telstra service saying I need to set up a new account etc.
This means I am connected to an exchange.

Secondly, I know I am on the Wollongong Exchange. I thought I would check that there were ports available on the Wollongong Exchange.
So I went to the "ADSL2+Phone Service Availablity Check" page and checked the phone number of someone only a couple of doors up from me:
Exchange Code: WLGG
Exchange Availability: YES
Exchange Capacity Reached: NO
Telephone Service Availability: Transfer Current Telephone Service Available
ADSL2 Service Availability: ADSL2 Service Available
So I am connected to the exchange, and there are ports available.

"your relocation application has been rejected due to “No Cables” at the new location"

I am connected to the Telstra exchange. This doesn't make any sense.

"our supplier confirms that there is no Vacant copper in-order to proceed with your request"

Again, I am connected to the Telstra exchange. This doesn't make any sense either.

I contacted Exetel support. They said to try the relocation process again.

Has anyone else had similar issues when moving?
I don't want to wait another 2 weeks to be told the relocation process has been rejected again?

If there is "No Cables at the new location" and "no Vacant copper", how will connecting to telstra change my current situation?
This is really poor communication to your customers. Sure this is probably a direct push of the Optus email, but shouldn't Exetel try to manage my relocation for me?
What incentive do I have to reconnect to a provider that doesn't even try to manage my relocation, rather just sends me an email saying that Optus said that I have no phone line?

What is my best option:
1. Connect my phone to Telstra. Apply for new Exetel ADSL 2 plan. In which case Optus may just tell me the same thing.
2. Connect my phone directly to Optus. Apply for new Exetel ADSL 2 plan. I assume Optus wouldn't reject a new land line customer???
3. Wait 2 weeks for Exetel to forward me another email from Optus to say I have no phone line, then get even more frustrated than I already am.

Very frustrated with receiving no email communication at all. Not even confirmation that I had chosen to relocate my service.

Regards
Michael Jones

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Moving House rejected...

Post by stevecJ » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi Michael ,

Could you kindly PM me your service number in order for me to investigate this.

Regards,
Steve J
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

majones

Post by majones » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:48 pm

So after retrying the relocate my service function in members facilities, I got the following email:
Exetel has received our supplier's Rejection Advice for your application that was submitted to Exetel on the 2010-10-09. All rejected applications are automatically inactive and hence closed until further action from an authorized person for the application The following below indicates your rejection reason for the selected ADSL2 plan - OTAA with Order ID EXE-188959 PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR RELOCATION APPLICATION HAS BEEN REJECTED DUE TO “NO CABLES” AT THE NEW LOCATION. USUALLY THIS HAPPENS WHEN THERE HAS BEEN NO INTERNET SERVICE AT THE NEW LOCATION POSSIBLY DUE TO A NEWLY DEVELOPED AREA/ADDRESS HOWEVER UPON FURTHER INVESTIGATION OUR SUPPLIER CONFIRMS THAT THERE IS NO VACANT COPPER IN-ORDER TO PROCEED WITH YOUR REQUEST AS A RESULT YOU WILL HAVE TO CONTACT A LINE RENTAL PROVIDER(EG;- TELSTRA) TO ACTIVATE A TELEPHONE LINE AND THEN APPLY FOR A NEW SERVICE Once you have confirmed and rectified (if possible) the above rejection you can resubmit your application from the following link below https://www.exetel.com.au/ resubmit/resubmit_application. php Exetel Provisioning Exetel Pty Ltd Quick Reply
Sorry about the formatting...
So it looks like exetel want me to call telstra? Then try again? The original email said to sign up to a new service, but the second email says to try using the resubmit application link.
So confusing! Will email provisioning in the morning to see if I can get a straight answer.

majones

Post by majones » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:39 pm

I don't want to wait another 2 weeks to be told the relocation process has been rejected again?
One week later, and I still haven't got any further...
In my original relocation request, members facilities suggested my Phone line cutover date was today, but since resending my relocation request the members facilities said that my phone line cutover date had been delayed till 4th November, and then today, delayed again till 8th November, looks like it will be 2 and a half weeks before I get any news on whether my second relocation is confirmed or rejected.

I have emailed complaints.

I don't think I should have to wait a month to be told whether Exetel can supply my an ADSL service.
I have no reason to believe they can't, but someone should be ringing Optus/Telstra wholesale to get their a@$es moving.
I am happy to call Telstra/Optus etc, but I don't know which department/what number to call etc, and I assume they will ignore me because the request was made by Exetel.
Please Exetel, I don't want to wait another 12 days to get my phone line connected!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:55 pm

majones wrote:I have emailed complaints.
resolution@exetel.com.au would be the preferred means to resolving issues like this, but complaints@exetel.com.au is also read by senior management and should kick things into action too.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au