Moving Service to a New Address

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
danioj

Moving Service to a New Address

Post by danioj » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:37 am

Hello All,

I am moving appartments in Melbourne CBD (Collingwood Exchange) to Docklands.

I am currently on a NF/23NOTEL (70GB Peak and 60GB offPeak) Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am - Monthly Access Charge: $60.00

I have been with Exetel for years now and am happy with the service. The Self Service System seems to be implying that if I move the service to my new residential address that I will need to switch to one of the "current" service plans. The closest one to what I have at the moment is:

ONC $90.00 (Relocation fee) $63.00 Per Month with 60 gbytes Peak and 180 gbytes offPeak

Could someone answer the following questions for me:

- Is there no-way I can keep my current plan?;
- What is the Peak Period Option for this plan (i.e. between what times can I 'attempt' to use this 180GB);
- $90 to relocate seems excessive to me (is this negociable?);
- Do I still get the DID number I have & Is there anything else that has changed dramatically since the switch to this new plan structure?; and
- Do I have to sign a new 12 month contract when i perform the move (given I have been out of contract for a looooong time now)?

Thank you so much for reading and any reply time.

Regards,

Daniel.

JanakaDS
Exetel Staff

Re: Moving Service to a New Address

Post by JanakaDS » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 am

danioj wrote:Hello All,

I am moving appartments in Melbourne CBD (Collingwood Exchange) to Docklands.

I am currently on a NF/23NOTEL (70GB Peak and 60GB offPeak) Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am - Monthly Access Charge: $60.00

I have been with Exetel for years now and am happy with the service. The Self Service System seems to be implying that if I move the service to my new residential address that I will need to switch to one of the "current" service plans. The closest one to what I have at the moment is:

ONC $90.00 (Relocation fee) $63.00 Per Month with 60 gbytes Peak and 180 gbytes offPeak

Could someone answer the following questions for me:

- Is there no-way I can keep my current plan?;
- What is the Peak Period Option for this plan (i.e. between what times can I 'attempt' to use this 180GB);
- $90 to relocate seems excessive to me (is this negociable?);
- Do I still get the DID number I have & Is there anything else that has changed dramatically since the switch to this new plan structure?; and
- Do I have to sign a new 12 month contract when i perform the move (given I have been out of contract for a looooong time now)?

Thank you so much for reading and any reply time.

Regards,

Daniel.
Please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au or call our sales team on 0280301000 to discuss this further.

majones

Post by majones » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:11 am

I think you will find the reason the relocation fee is $90 is because its not as easy as changing the service number.
When you apply to relocate there is a message that says:
Before proceeding with what you will regard as a "service relocation" you need to understand that neither Exetel nor Optus Wholesale recognize that an ADSL or ADSL2 service can be relocated An ADSL service can only be cancelled or newly installed.
Exetel charge $60 for a new adsl2 connection, and I am guessing the other $30 is related to the telstra/optus fee for connecting your phone line.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:43 pm

danioj wrote:- Is there no-way I can keep my current plan?;
No. Relocations are the same as a simultaneous new service plus cancellation of the old, hence the new service must be a current plan
danioj wrote:- What is the Peak Period Option for this plan (i.e. between what times can I 'attempt' to use this 180GB);
ON plans are 2am to 8am
danioj wrote:$90 to relocate seems excessive to me (is this negociable?)
As stated, the charge is because Exetel need to arrange for Optus to ensure there is a active connection to migrate the service. If you know there is already an active line there, you might be able to email residentialsales@exetel.com.au and just pay the standard $60 activation cost that would be applicable to new users with an active line.
danioj wrote:- Do I still get the DID number I have & Is there anything else that has changed dramatically since the switch to this new plan structure?
Your DID, other services, email accounts, etc will all be migrated to the new account and will continue. Otherwise, perhaps only the shaping options might have changed. ON shapes you by default if you exceed your quota, you need to apply to move to a 50c/GB excess
danioj wrote:- Do I have to sign a new 12 month contract when i perform the move (given I have been out of contract for a looooong time now)?
I think you do. Contractual concerns can only officially be dealt with via email, but as before, relocations are just like a new connection, and new connections always have a new 12 month contract
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au