Change ADSL2+ Plan

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Change ADSL2+ Plan

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:47 am

PaulT wrote:Ravenous, I suspect your post is speculation rather than based on knowledge.
No. By definition, it is an absolute fact that will "become available if and when Exetel are ready to do so".
PaulT wrote:Jason's reply is far more likely to represent Exetel's position and it is unlikely to change.
Everything changes over time
PaulT wrote:However that is not what is says and technically they have made an offer to all ADSL2 plan holders.
A newsletter does not constitute an offer to plan holders
PaulT wrote:As a side comment, I think offering discounts to "new customers" are counter productive...I think it is a silly path to go down.
I fully agreed, and I'm sure Exetel do too. But I recall a previous post where it was mentioned that the carrier imposes the condition that such offers are only available to new customers.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

PaulT

Post by PaulT » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:28 pm

Deleted because it appeared to cause offence.
Last edited by PaulT on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Sheesh, I tried to offer a helpful and positive outlook based on Exetel's history over the past couple of years. Did not expect such a dismissive (almost insulting) response. It now appears you hijacked this thread just to rant. I am sorry that I could not help you.
PaulT wrote:Ravenous states a useless tautology that doesn't address the announcement

PaulT

Post by PaulT » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Ravenous wrote:Sheesh, I tried to offer a helpful and positive outlook based on Exetel's history over the past couple of years. Did not expect such a dismissive (almost insulting) response. It now appears you hijacked this thread just to rant. I am sorry that I could not help you.
Ravenous, the response you've quote was not responding to you but to how Corey quoted you. Corey seemed to be giving me a lesson in logic and your message was in the crossfire. Sorry if you're offended. I was hoping for a simple answer or clarification about the newsletter comment on plans becoming available to current customers. The two answers I've got are that the plans are "for new users" and "wait". Neither really answered my question though Jason's has some implications. I'll just leave it at that.

austdata

Post by austdata » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:30 pm

I think this thread has gone off-topic a bit.

I, the OP, have enjoyed the first 4.9GB of the 50GB peak on the new OTFree-1 CAP19 plan. :mrgreen:
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

adriansmith

Post by adriansmith » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:56 am

Interestingly the two new "bundled' plans (ADSL, Telephone, Mobile) have appeared in the user facilities...

But still no sign of OTL-A, OTL-B, OTL-C, OTL-D... :(

(I would be tempted by the bundled plans but I would owe Three to much on my iPhone if I switched now)