Relocating ADSL2+ and adding phone

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
dweeks

Relocating ADSL2+ and adding phone

Post by dweeks » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi,

I currently have naked ADSL on the ONA plan (past my contract end date). I'm moving house (but will be on the same exchange) and I'd like to change to the bundled phone OTL-A plan. Am I best to use the 'move service' option (which only lets me choose a naked plan), or should I cancel and sign up with a new account?

I'd also like to keep my current VoIP number.

Thanks for your help.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Relocating ADSL2+ and adding phone

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:12 pm

You should not have to cancel and sign up fresh. I'd suggest you email residentialsales@exetel.com.au and ask about the relocation. The ONA to OTL-A relocation at a new address should be straightforward.

When you say you'd like to keep the VOIP number, do you mean you'd like to port the VOIP number to a PSTN number as part of the relocation. If so, this might be a little tricky and only available if the VOIP number was a PSTN-ported number originally. If you mean that you just wish the keep the VOIP DID (and get a new number as part of the OTL-A service) then this is straightforward too and I'm sure residentialsales@exetel.com.au can easily manage it for you
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

dweeks

Re: Relocating ADSL2+ and adding phone

Post by dweeks » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:43 pm

I emailed support as suggested and they were very helpful in changing my 'relocation application' to be with phone (not naked). My VoIP account also moved across as expected.

The relocation went seemlessly and I think it's great that Exetel allow this and don't require you to set up a land line account with another provider before requesting ADSL. I'm very happy with their service. Thanks!