Connect to New Naked Service

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
thomas261989

Connect to New Naked Service

Post by thomas261989 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi, this is not an issue with connection but I don't know where is appropriate to post it so if it's not supposed to be here, please move it to where it should be.
I'm moving to a new place at the end of the month and this place doesn't have an active phone line. I was told to order a home phone line with Telstra and submit the application to Exetel to get Naked Internet.
I called them up and was quoted 125 for landline activation plus another 100 early cancellation fees if I deactivate it to get Naked Internet. Then I have to pay 60 to get Naked Internet from Exetel. In total, I would have to pay 285 before I can use the Internet. I will be happy with that if it gets me Naked Internet.
However, I logged on Exetel website today and found out that I do not need an existing active phone number and if I pay 100 activation fees for Exetel, they will do all the set up for me. This is a way better deal than the previous option. The only problem is when I check Exe-Wiki, they say I still need an active phone line before applying for Naked Internet. So that the 100 is only for activation of the phone line or does it include the Internet set up already?
Plz help,
Cheers

JasonM

Re: Connect to New Naked Service

Post by JasonM » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:29 pm

The wiki article will be out of date. I'll ask for it to be edited.

Put the order through for $100 activation.
Assuming there was a line there previously, it should go through and $100 later - Naked DSL active.