QLD drop outs

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Wartai

Re: QLD drop outs

Post by Wartai » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:14 am

Mine went down too, about an hour this time.. exactly as lollylee has stated

bulletmark

Post by bulletmark » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:29 am

Wartai wrote:Mine went down too, about an hour this time.. exactly as lollylee has stated
I saw these outages as well. No comment (yet again) Mr. Exetel?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:49 am

I don't know what people expect from a forum regarding an issue like this. The process is pretty simple:
1. Check your phone line for static. If there is audible static, follow up this issue with your carrier (which is not necessarily via Exetel) and the ADSL issue will most likely resolve itself.
2. In general, you should perform an isolation test (unplug all phone devices and filters in your house leaving only your modem connected) to rule out local interference. In this case, the issue seems systemic, so this is unlikely to be of benefit, but it still needs to be done as part of the process
3. Log a fault. Honestly, how else is Exetel to know that you have an issue with drop outs?

Systemic drop outs are often correlated with weather (as Dazzled states at viewtopic.php?p=285174#p285174) or some other cause of interference on phone lines. Without tickets being lodged, Exetel won't know the suburbs, exchanges or particular services being affected.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

bulletmark

Post by bulletmark » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:40 pm

CoreyPlover wrote: how else is Exetel to know that you have an issue with drop outs?
This is not any individual's problem! Read the thread. I suspect Exetel can suffer state-wide outages yet their systems are so poor they don't even know about it. Either that, or they don't care.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:57 pm

I repeat: If you haven't already done so, log a fault.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au