Question about ADSL price incresing.

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
robin

Question about ADSL price incresing.

Post by robin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:53 am

Hi,

I just received an email this morning, and was told that all "old ADSL plan" will be further charged $10 since 1 Feb. 2011. I just wonder what are the "old plans". I signed two ADSL plans with exetel two monthes ago (six months contract), do they belong to the "old plans"? Please clarify my concern. Hopefully, my understanding was wroing, and all current plans are not "old plans".

thanks.

BTW, happy new year to everybody.

playrz

Re: Question about ADSL price incresing.

Post by playrz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:34 pm

I am also a little confused about this email. I signed up for a 24 month contract not so long ago.. will the contract be honored at the agreed rate or does the $10 price increase apply to ALL plans not listed on Exetels site?

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:38 pm

playrz wrote:I am also a little confused about this email. I signed up for a 24 month contract not so long ago.. will the contract be honored at the agreed rate or does the $10 price increase apply to ALL plans not listed on Exetels site?
Relax, the contract you have is honoured - read this thread - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37427

If you are in contract there is no change

Incidentally are you sure you are on a 24 month contract? - I can't recall 24 month contracts being offered - seen 12 month and 6 month ones for sure

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:41 pm

The usual practice is for Exetel to honour contractual terms until they expire

Edit:I see now you mean the Exetel newsletter. Probably best to continue discussion on the main thread at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37427 instead. This thread also say "a $10.00 price increase per month on all customer plans that are out of contract" so that answers both questions
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au