Moved from Naked ADSL to OCV200/19 Plan

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
fletch

Moved from Naked ADSL to OCV200/19 Plan

Post by fletch » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:00 am

Hi,

I changed from my out of contract Naked ADSL account ( Z/22NOTEL ) to the new OCV200/19 plan a few days ago - I have rec'd my mobile SIM and activated ok. I have a few questions though -

1- When I check my plan details , it still says in am on the Z/22NOTEL plan - Do I have to wait for a new billing cycle before the plan changes to OCV200/19 ?

2- My modem is still configured with my Naked ADSL account details , will i need to make any changes with the login details to the modem to access the new OCV200 plan ?

3- Will I receive an email from Exetel advising me what my new phone number is now my telephone service has been re-instated ?

Thanks

David

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Moved from Naked ADSL to OCV200/19 Plan

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:19 am

fletch wrote:Hi,

I changed from my out of contract Naked ADSL account ( Z/22NOTEL ) to the new OCV200/19 plan a few days ago - I have rec'd my mobile SIM and activated ok. I have a few questions though -

1- When I check my plan details , it still says in am on the Z/22NOTEL plan - Do I have to wait for a new billing cycle before the plan changes to OCV200/19 ?

2- My modem is still configured with my Naked ADSL account details , will i need to make any changes with the login details to the modem to access the new OCV200 plan ?

3- Will I receive an email from Exetel advising me what my new phone number is now my telephone service has been re-instated ?

Thanks

David
Plan changes normally don't happen until the first of the next month, any hardware change is normally a few days after that, your login details will remain the same so no changes required there, you should get an email once you have a working telephone service, not sure on the time frame for this to happen but apparently it will be pretty seamless and you shouldn't have any downtime as a result, I guess you'll know it's active once you have a dialtone again, also don't forget to make sure any telephones have line filters fitted

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:27 am

fletch wrote:1- When I check my plan details , it still says in am on the Z/22NOTEL plan - Do I have to wait for a new billing cycle before the plan changes to OCV200/19 ?
Check your "Change Plan Status" tab, it should be updated to show the change request is Pending (at least, that's what mine shows). As Jokiin has mentioned, the new plan will take affect from 1st Feb.

fletch

Post by fletch » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:42 am

Check your "Change Plan Status" tab, it should be updated to show the change request is Pending (at least, that's what mine shows). As Jokiin has mentioned, the new plan will take affect from 1st Feb.
Ah yes, I finally found the tab you mentioned and yes it does say Pending - thank you both very much for your help :-)