Why only OCV plans available in User Facilities Change Plan

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
josem

Why only OCV plans available in User Facilities Change Plan

Post by josem » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:44 pm

I am currently in the old Z/20NOTEL plan. We received email "encouraging" us to move to the new Optus OCV plans. I just wanted to move to the current ADSL plan T1.5-30 but this is not available as an option under the Exetel User Facilities - Change Plans/Service facility which only shows the various optus OCV plans. My question is can I move to the current T1.5-30 plan ? What charges will I incur ?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Why only OCV plans available in User Facilities Change P

Post by jokiin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:33 pm

josem wrote:I am currently in the old Z/20NOTEL plan. We received email "encouraging" us to move to the new Optus OCV plans. I just wanted to move to the current ADSL plan T1.5-30 but this is not available as an option under the Exetel User Facilities - Change Plans/Service facility which only shows the various optus OCV plans. My question is can I move to the current T1.5-30 plan ? What charges will I incur ?
that would be a change of infrastructure from Optus based to Telstra which is why it wouldn't be offered in the member facilities, you don't have an active phone line now so would possibly incur a fair bit of mucking about and possibly some downtime, you would also be up for new connection charges for phone line and internet, the charges don't include line rental so I'm not sure this plan would be better than any of the alternatives you have on offer currently