Don't understand the latest Provisioning letter

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
bairdn

Don't understand the latest Provisioning letter

Post by bairdn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:34 am

Hopefully someone can help me understand this -
Received an email this morning from Exetel Provisioning saying
ADSL2 Order Update - 03xxxxxxxx
Dear: <me>
Your application has now been released from 'pending' to proceed to activation as our supplier has now either activated your exchange or added more ports to your exchange.

Your application still may not proceed if the current account number that appears on your telephone line rental bill is incorrect.
Your planned cut over date is: 2011-01-31

Your Long Distance and local calls will remain with your current provider until your ADSL and telephone line service is transferred from the Telstra exchange to our supplier's exchange. On the day that your service is cut over, you should experience no more than a few hours of downtime. However, callers who call your number for between 2 and 48 hours after the cut over will receive a message saying that your number is unavailable 'for maintenance'.

Regards

Exetel Provisioning

The things I don't understand, the phone number in the subject line is not my current ADSL2+ number, so will this be my new PSTN number, or will I have to reconfigure my modem with this number (ie in place of my current adsl2+ number)
Secondly, as I'm currenly on a naked service, changing to OCV200, I don't currently get a "telephone line rental bill", so what does this mean?
cheers,niall

paulp
Exetel Staff

Re: Don't understand the latest Provisioning letter

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi,

We need to fix this. There is no need to locate any current account number for naked adsl2 customers upgrading to OCV.

We'll get this done by C.O.B today.

bairdn

Re: Don't understand the latest Provisioning letter

Post by bairdn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks Paul.