Moving House - Keeping ADLS2

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
squeakytown

Moving House - Keeping ADLS2

Post by squeakytown » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi,

Does anybody know the chance of me keeping my optus adsl2 port when moving?
I am only moving next door, but because the relocation is treated as a disconnection and my local exchange has no spare ports could my port be lost forever...
Just wondering what the chances are (took me years to snag one).

Himantha
Exetel Staff

Re: Moving House - Keeping ADLS2

Post by Himantha » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am

I will get someone from Provisioning team to respond to your query shortly.

Achala
Exetel Staff

Post by Achala » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 am

HI

Please be advised that while relocating a service, bundle/Naked ADSl2 service, the service at the new location will be activate as a new service on a vacant copper pair.

Furthermore the service at the new location will be activated first and then the service at the previous location is transferred across to the new location to complete the relocation.

As a result of this process, we are unable to guarantee, to utilize the same port at the new location, as there may be an instance where there will be NO spare port at the exchange.

Hence these issues have to be investigated on a “case by case” basis and will need to e-mail provisioning@exetel.com.au for further details.

ted583

Post by ted583 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:05 am

A similar question. Can I move service from N.S.W. to Qld. while on a contract and still maintain that contract?

Himantha
Exetel Staff

Post by Himantha » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:56 pm

ted583 wrote:A similar question. Can I move service from N.S.W. to Qld. while on a contract and still maintain that contract?
If you relocate the service within the internal contract, then you will be charge for early termination fee and the relocation charge.