Upgraded to ADSL2 but still have ADSL1 speed

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
thejeg

Re: Upgraded to ADSL2 but still have ADSL1 speed

Post by thejeg » Fri May 06, 2011 12:27 am

Viss wrote:This is just wrong, new modem and adsl 2 filter. Running modem from the main socket. I might as well save my money and go back to ADSL1... Exetel havent responded in 24 hours, telstra havent responded Im starting to get agitated....

Your issue has been escalated to our wholesale supplier and waiting for an update from the,.

You will receive notifications regarding this as soon as we hear anything from them.

Please refer ticket reference number 3959084 for any inquiry that you have in the mean time

stevena

Post by stevena » Fri May 06, 2011 1:09 am

Really hope telstra get there act together soon paying 60 dollars for this, not cool. :(

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Fri May 06, 2011 6:49 am

stevena wrote:Really hope telstra get there act together soon paying 60 dollars for this, not cool. :(

We are expecting their update regarding this during the morning session...... Will keep you updated

stevena

Post by stevena » Fri May 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Please do, I know I'm not the only one getting a bit on the unhappy side of things because Telstra cant fix a problem In 6 days...

Lasher

Post by Lasher » Fri May 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi,

I too switched from ADSL (T8192-U) -> ADSL2 (TCV20-REGION-200) which was meant to happen at the beginning of this month (I submitted the change on April 14). I just cycled my modem and no change. Considering this is now the evening of May 6th, I'm far from impressed. Is there some way of receiving confirmation from Exetel that the job is scheduled, in progress, complete or at least and ETA? I’d like to know when to expect the speed increase.

Thanks!

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Sat May 07, 2011 4:34 am

Lasher wrote:Hi,

I too switched from ADSL (T8192-U) -> ADSL2 (TCV20-REGION-200) which was meant to happen at the beginning of this month (I submitted the change on April 14). I just cycled my modem and no change. Considering this is now the evening of May 6th, I'm far from impressed. Is there some way of receiving confirmation from Exetel that the job is scheduled, in progress, complete or at least and ETA? I’d like to know when to expect the speed increase.

Thanks!
Please log a fault with Exetel Support.. Use the options in my signature...

pudnuggit

Post by pudnuggit » Sun May 08, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm in the exact same boat as Lasher, support told me it would switch over on Wednesday after it didn't change on the first day of the month and it is now Sunday...

Am I going to be reimbursed? I'm paying $60 for the same speed I had and we're quarter way into this month

Poor service.

shoner

Post by shoner » Mon May 09, 2011 9:30 am

pudnuggit wrote:I'm in the exact same boat as Lasher, support told me it would switch over on Wednesday after it didn't change on the first day of the month and it is now Sunday...
Your service upgrade is most like to be completed in the following 48-72 hours.
pudnuggit wrote:Am I going to be reimbursed? I'm paying $60 for the same speed I had and we're quarter way into this month
Once the service has been upgraded you should email billing@exetel.com.au
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

peppie

Post by peppie » Mon May 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Hopefully this is the case for all outstanding changeovers
Am in similiar situation to above, ADSL (T8192-U) -> ADSL2 (TCV20-REGION-200) plan has changed but speed hasn't.

Exetel help desk replied last Friday that yes my plan had rolled over on 1st of the month.

Just cause I am paying for it and it says ADSL2 in User Facility so doesn't mean my line speed has changed.
I realise Exetel is at the mercy of Telstra but a little feedback would be appreciated as the month is ticking away.....

shoner

Post by shoner » Mon May 09, 2011 12:30 pm

peppie wrote:
Hopefully this is the case for all outstanding changeovers
Am in similiar situation to above, ADSL (T8192-U) -> ADSL2 (TCV20-REGION-200) plan has changed but speed hasn't.

Exetel help desk replied last Friday that yes my plan had rolled over on 1st of the month.

Just cause I am paying for it and it says ADSL2 in User Facility so doesn't mean my line speed has changed.
I realise Exetel is at the mercy of Telstra but a little feedback would be appreciated as the month is ticking away.....
Can you PM me your service number I will check the status of it.

Log a fault ticket Here
Exetel Support Portal

pssturges

Post by pssturges » Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 pm

My service has been completely down since 9am this morning. I assume so the change over can be affected. Why does it take so long? I would have thought in this day and age it wouldn't be much more than unplugging us from one service and plugging into another within the same exchange? 10mins max.

Anyhow hopefully it'll all be done by the end of the day.

Phil

pssturges

Post by pssturges » Mon May 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Took all day but it was finally done about 6 tonight. Doesn't seem as fast as I would have hoped, but I'll do some more testing before I worry about that. Just glad to have it done.

Phil

shoner

Post by shoner » Tue May 10, 2011 12:42 am

pssturges wrote:Took all day but it was finally done about 6 tonight. Doesn't seem as fast as I would have hoped, but I'll do some more testing before I worry about that. Just glad to have it done.

Phil
Glad to see that the service is working for you. Please log a service issue ticket with us if you experience any issues with the service.

Log a fault ticket Here
Exetel Support Portal

peppie

Post by peppie » Tue May 10, 2011 8:18 am

PM'ed nearly straight away yesterday, just wondering is there any update?

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Wed May 11, 2011 4:23 am

peppie wrote:
PM'ed nearly straight away yesterday, just wondering is there any update?
I will see if this is being looked in to as Shone has got all your information

An update will be provided to you as and when it is available.