Browsing Issues

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
lenvik

Browsing Issues

Post by lenvik » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Having the browsing issues again (same as yesterday). Most of the internet cannot be browsed, not a DNS issue (pinging unbrowsable hostnames works fine). I am only able to get on to the exetel forum now by using my university's proxy.

The Rock

Re: Browsing Issues

Post by The Rock » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Same issues here - I can browse a few websites and that's it. I reset my modem and I could finally access Facebook. But then I still couldn't access other sites. So rest it again and can't access Facebook anymore.

What's going on?

mcassidy

Post by mcassidy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Dear Exetel,

This issue has occured almost every single day, anywhere between 11am and 9pm, for the last week. As a customer of 7 years, and someone who has transferred all my customers to Exetel, please get your s*&% together and fix this problem once and for all!! A reboot of a router, or switch, or anyother piece of equipment that's causing this issue every day is NOT a fix to the problem. Having an issue pop up once or twice is completely understandable, having reoccur on almost a daily basis is totally unacceptable.

Some more information on the cause of this problem, and why it keeps reoccurring, would also be appreciated.

Mark.

shoner

Post by shoner » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:43 pm

anyone else experiencing the same issue?
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

mcassidy

Post by mcassidy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:46 pm

There are several posts in the forums re this, all of my ADSL2 customers are experiencing this same issue, my Ethernet customers are not, at least not currently but they were the other day during one of the other 'episodes'.

nuranj
Exetel Staff

Post by nuranj » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 am

mcassidy wrote:There are several posts in the forums re this, all of my ADSL2 customers are experiencing this same issue, my Ethernet customers are not, at least not currently but they were the other day during one of the other 'episodes'.
Could you PM me the service numbers of your ADSL2 customer with the issues?

mcassidy

Post by mcassidy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:19 am

I can, however as you can see from the forums this issue that has popped up several times in the last few days affects a large number of users. Clearly you guys are aware of what the issue is, as several of the posts have been marked with "there were browsing issues that have now been solved".

These issues are occurring most days, and are affecting internet access for everyone for anything up to a couple of hours. I'm happy to PM you the affected customers service numbers if you feel it will help, however I feel this is a more wide ranging issue.

If you are unaware of the specific problem and would like the numbers, please let me know. The problem is currently not occurring, it was fixed within about an hour of the forum posts on the issue last night and is currently operating normally, however if the last week or so of history tells us anything it's likely to reoccur later today.

I do hope Exetel can get to the bottom of this ASAP.

Mark.

nuranj
Exetel Staff

Post by nuranj » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 am

If the issue occurs again then kindly do PM me of all those numbers as it would be necessary