Exetel Provisioning

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
MikeTurner

Exetel Provisioning

Post by MikeTurner » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:33 am

Hi,

I submitted a new ADSL2 connection on Sunday evening.

Got the two emails from Exetel on Sunday night, as expected.

But on Monday I got the following email, which indicates I have cutting over. I'm not, its a new connection.
Your application has now been released from 'pending' to proceed to activation as our supplier has now either activated your exchange or added more ports to your exchange.

Your application still may not proceed if the current account number that appears on your telephone line rental bill is incorrect.

Your planned cut over date is: 2011-07-29

Your Long Distance and local calls will remain with your current provider until your ADSL and telephone line service is transferred from the Telstra exchange to our supplier's exchange. On the day that your service is cut over, you should experience no more than a few hours of downtime. However, callers who call your number for between 2 and 48 hours after the cut over will receive a message saying that your number is unavailable 'for maintenance'.
Is everything still ok? I dont have a current account number, as it's a new connection.

udara
Exetel Staff

Re: Exetel Provisioning

Post by udara » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:04 pm

MikeTurner wrote:Hi,

But on Monday I got the following email, which indicates I have cutting over. I'm not, its a new connection.
Your application has now been released from 'pending' to proceed to activation as our supplier has now either activated your exchange or added more ports to your exchange.

Your application still may not proceed if the current account number that appears on your telephone line rental bill is incorrect.

Your planned cut over date is: 2011-07-29

Your Long Distance and local calls will remain with your current provider until your ADSL and telephone line service is transferred from the Telstra exchange to our supplier's exchange. On the day that your service is cut over, you should experience no more than a few hours of downtime. However, callers who call your number for between 2 and 48 hours after the cut over will receive a message saying that your number is unavailable 'for maintenance'.
Is everything still ok? I dont have a current account number, as it's a new connection.

Will you be able to PM me the telephone number for which you submitted the new ADSL connection , so that i can have a look at what has happened :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am

MikeTurner wrote:Hi,

Hi Mike
I have checked with the provisioning team and they have confirmed that the Cut-over date is the scheduled activation date :)

with regards to your connection everything seems to be going through smoothly
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

MikeTurner

Post by MikeTurner » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Ok.

My new service has moved to pending. We move tomorrow. I'd like to close our old ADSL down.

Who do I contact to move my 2 VOIP lines, my emails and my pioneer discount from my old ADSL2 account to my new ADSL2 account. I can PM someone service numbers.

Mike

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:57 am

MikeTurner wrote:Ok.

My new service has moved to pending. We move tomorrow. I'd like to close our old ADSL down.

Who do I contact to move my 2 VOIP lines, my emails and my pioneer discount from my old ADSL2 account to my new ADSL2 account. I can PM someone service numbers.

Mike
I've had this done before and it's as easy as writing an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au with all of the details and both the old and new service numbers :)

All the best with your move Mike.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 am

MikeTurner wrote:Ok.

Mike

As JamesR suggested rather that sending a PM its best that you drop an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au with all your details .

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

MikeTurner

Post by MikeTurner » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Could Exetel please action the help desk number #4263730

I emailed a couple of days ago, and got a response that it would be a couple of days.

I want to cancel my old adsl account before the month end, for obvious reasons.

Thanks.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:55 pm

MikeTurner wrote:Could Exetel please action the help desk number #4263730

I emailed a couple of days ago, and got a response that it would be a couple of days.

I want to cancel my old adsl account before the month end, for obvious reasons.

Thanks.
A billing representative will action and reply to the said ticket soon.

sable

Post by sable » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Mike

You can cancel yourself by logging into the member facilities of your OLD account, go to Manage services/adsl/cancel service

MikeTurner

Post by MikeTurner » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Thanks for your help.

I've actioned it myself. All of the help has been really helpful.