Frequent Disconnection

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ShaminG
Exetel Staff
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by ShaminG » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:26 pm

The problem is getting worse as these 2 days my connection speed is extremely slow. Speedtest results show that my speed is only 1mbps or lower. Sometimes i couldn't even load webpage
As per the conversation we had, I have arranged the technician's appointment for Thursday morning. :)

wengz90
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by wengz90 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Dear Admin,

I am advised that my problem regarding frequent disconnection is restored but it seems that my disconnection still happens, not as frequent as before though. So i wonder what is done actually?

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by KavindaS » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:00 pm

wengz90 wrote:Dear Admin,

I am advised that my problem regarding frequent disconnection is restored but it seems that my disconnection still happens, not as frequent as before though. So i wonder what is done actually?
Hi,

I refer to your service issue ticket 4450748, Our supplier has identified the issue from the line it self and has fixed it. Please monitor the service further and if no improvements please contact us and inform by quoting 4450748.

wengz90
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by wengz90 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm still having the same problem. Disconnection at least twice daily.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by Kaushalya » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm still having the same problem. Disconnection at least twice daily.
As per the telephone conversation had with you, I have informed our wholesale supplier with regard to this drop out issue. We will notify you once an update is available from the supplier. :)

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 am

Kaushalya wrote:
I'm still having the same problem. Disconnection at least twice daily.
As per the telephone conversation had with you, I have informed our wholesale supplier with regard to this drop out issue. We will notify you once an update is available from the supplier. :)
Hi,
I refer to your service issue ticket 4450748, Our supplier has done some changes recently to your connection after re reporting the issue. Would you please monitor the service during today and let us know the outcome if you require further investigation.

wengz90
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by wengz90 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi Admin,

I've noticed that my connection speed drop from 14mbps back to 1mbps again. I've already told the technician before that changing my speed doesn't affect the disconnection. Now the connection is worse off as everything seems to be slow and the disconnection still occurs.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:14 pm

wengz90 wrote:Hi Admin,

I've noticed that my connection speed drop from 14mbps back to 1mbps again. I've already told the technician before that changing my speed doesn't affect the disconnection. Now the connection is worse off as everything seems to be slow and the disconnection still occurs.
Thanks for the information. I have re escalate to our supplier including the radius logs. Speeds will improve once it fixed from their end. If the reference number change I will update you via the thread.

wengz90
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by wengz90 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:24 pm

KavindaS wrote:
wengz90 wrote:Hi Admin,

I've noticed that my connection speed drop from 14mbps back to 1mbps again. I've already told the technician before that changing my speed doesn't affect the disconnection. Now the connection is worse off as everything seems to be slow and the disconnection still occurs.
Thanks for the information. I have re escalate to our supplier including the radius logs. Speeds will improve once it fixed from their end. If the reference number change I will update you via the thread.
Thanks. Await your good news.

wengz90
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by wengz90 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Haven't receive any updates from Exetel yet. How's my situation going? The disconnection is still happening 2-3 times daily.

rukshani
Exetel Staff
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by rukshani » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:53 pm

wengz90 wrote:Haven't receive any updates from Exetel yet. How's my situation going? The disconnection is still happening 2-3 times daily.
A support engineer is looking in to this.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by ShaminG » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Dear wengz90,

Our wholesale supplier has identified that a port Change is required in order to restore service. This has been scheduled as of 28/10 between 1 pm and 5 pm.

I believe the time frame is fine with you since the customer need to be in attendance, when above takes place.

wengz90
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by wengz90 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi admin, my adsl connection has no connectivity since ytd. Pls resolve the issue asap as i need to use the net urgently. thx

NIrmitha
Exetel Staff
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by NIrmitha » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Dear wengz90,

Our wholesale supplier has rescheduled the Port Change to 25/10 during 08:00 - 12:00. And they have note provided any notes yet.

We will inform you when we hear from them.

wengz90
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by wengz90 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi admin, it's already 5.30pm and yet my connection is still not restored. Any updates? Tried calling Exetel but they kept me waiting on the line constantly.

Post Reply