Frequent Disconnection

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Amila Fernando
Exetel Staff

Re: Frequent Disconnection

Post by Amila Fernando » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:15 pm

Sheldon wrote:I'm experiencing extremely frequent disconnections. Ticket number 4569772.

I've spent a long time on the phone today but maybe you'll be able to help where they havent.

I've done everything possible (new splitter, router, cables, unplugged all the computers etc) but the disconnects keep happening.

They seem random, sometimes i'm online for 10+ mins, other times not even a few seconds before it disconnects. My internet is basically unusable, and online gaming is just stupid.

Not only is my internet dropping out lots, but my linespeed has decreased by 4. Usually i'd get around 10mb/s on a speedtest. I'm now seeing only from 2mb/s - 4mb/s.

I've been with Exetel for coming up to 4 years in the same location and it's been fine up to now, im unsure what has suddenly triggered this.

Hope you can be of help.

Thanks.
Hi Sheldon,

We have already escalated your reported issue with our supplier under reference 4570049 and we will contact you once we receive an update from the supplier.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:30 am

Hope you can be of help.
Since the matter has already been escalated with our wholesale supplier, one of their technician's will be in contact with you to arrange a time frame for the appointment.

We hope the issue will get resolved by this investigations.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Sheldon wrote:I'm experiencing extremely frequent disconnections. Ticket number 4569772.

I've spent a long time on the phone today but maybe you'll be able to help where they havent.

I've done everything possible (new splitter, router, cables, unplugged all the computers etc) but the disconnects keep happening.

They seem random, sometimes i'm online for 10+ mins, other times not even a few seconds before it disconnects. My internet is basically unusable, and online gaming is just stupid.

Not only is my internet dropping out lots, but my linespeed has decreased by 4. Usually i'd get around 10mb/s on a speedtest. I'm now seeing only from 2mb/s - 4mb/s.

I've been with Exetel for coming up to 4 years in the same location and it's been fine up to now, im unsure what has suddenly triggered this.

Hope you can be of help.

Thanks.
I have asked a support engineer to look in to this. He will investigate and get back to you on this.

Chalin
Exetel Staff

Post by Chalin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Hope you can be of help.

Thanks.

--

Hi Sheldon,

As per the phone conversation we had earlier in the day, please note that a technician will contact you within the next 24 hours. Your reference ticket ID is : 4570049

Thanks

Chalin