slow after 8

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
shnikshnak
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Mudgee

slow after 8

Post by shnikshnak » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:20 pm

churned over from different isp for about a week now.
on t1.5-100 plan.
during the day, i am getting 1.2mbps so that's all good.
as soon as it gets dark it starts slowing down.
after 8:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1497712262.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1497714697.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1497716368.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1497718219.png

a bit sad as i quite like going on iview in the evenings.

please help!

rukshani
Exetel Staff
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: slow after 8

Post by rukshani » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:31 pm

shnikshnak wrote:churned over from different isp for about a week now.
on t1.5-100 plan.
during the day, i am getting 1.2mbps so that's all good.
as soon as it gets dark it starts slowing down.
after 8:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1497712262.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1497714697.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1497716368.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1497718219.png

a bit sad as i quite like going on iview in the evenings.

please help!
I have passed this on to a support engineer to look in to this.

shnikshnak
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Mudgee

Re: slow after 8

Post by shnikshnak » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 pm

considering that speed is good during the day, i suspect it may be a congestion issue.
looking forward to seeing this resolved soon!

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2513
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: slow after 8

Post by KavindaS » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:46 pm

shnikshnak wrote:considering that speed is good during the day, i suspect it may be a congestion issue.
looking forward to seeing this resolved soon!
Hi Shnikshnak,

Welcome to Exetel forum :) . As you said we are currently investigating this issue with our internal network. For the time being please monitor the service in next couple of days. Your reference number is 4451306. I will provide you an update ASAP


Kaushalya
Exetel Staff
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 pm
Location: Australia

Re: slow after 8

Post by Kaushalya » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi Shnikshnak,

Still this matter is under investigations. Hopefully we will be able to provide an update within this week.

shnikshnak
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Mudgee

Re: slow after 8

Post by shnikshnak » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:45 pm

no worries, hoping that this will be resolved soon.

speeds after 2130 today:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1501035481.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1501037669.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1501039278.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1501040903.png

hope this will help the engineer ascertain the issue and solution.
suspect that at peak periods bandwith provided by wholesaler might be inadequate.
just my 2 cents worth.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: slow after 8

Post by ShaminG » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:05 am

no worries, hoping that this will be resolved soon.
I will ensure that the matter will be followed up until we see resolution. Hopefully, within this week :).


KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2513
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: slow after 8

Post by KavindaS » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:33 pm


Hi shnikshnak,

Hope you doing fine. Thanks for all your valuable information. Have checked this issue with the supplier Dslam and as they confirmed it seems to be fine. So I am still investigating and waiting for an update. Will let you know once I get the update.

shnikshnak
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Mudgee

Re: slow after 8

Post by shnikshnak » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:59 pm

thanks for continuing to investigate the issue.

i'm only getting about 0.15mbps now :(

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502261115.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502262530.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502265449.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502267055.png

hope this isn't going to go on for much longer!

shnikshnak
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Mudgee

Re: slow after 8

Post by shnikshnak » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:00 pm

well, have been getting average of 0.15mbps to 0.25mbps all afternoon until now.
latest results as follows:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502657089.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502659532.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502661393.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502662970.png

so if my bill says i'm paying for 1.5mbps and i'm really only getting an average of 0.2mbps, this must surely mean i get a huge discount next month right? :)

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2513
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: slow after 8

Post by KavindaS » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:14 pm

shnikshnak wrote:well, have been getting average of 0.15mbps to 0.25mbps all afternoon until now.
latest results as follows:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502657089.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502659532.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502661393.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1502662970.png

so if my bill says i'm paying for 1.5mbps and i'm really only getting an average of 0.2mbps, this must surely mean i get a huge discount next month right? :)
First of all I need to wait for the confirmation. After that according to the result of that we may consider that as well. :)

shnikshnak
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Mudgee

Re: slow after 8

Post by shnikshnak » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:19 pm


KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2513
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: slow after 8

Post by KavindaS » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:36 pm


Hi,

Apologizes for the delay, but it is still under investigation including several other services under the reference 4451306. We will update you once we receive an update. Hopefully during this week.

Post Reply