Moving ADSL2 Bundled Service

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
squeakytown

Moving ADSL2 Bundled Service

Post by squeakytown » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:19 am

Hi,

My rental agreenment has been terninated and I have to move while in a contract period.
I am currently on the OT-30 plan bundles with optus phone.

I tried to use the 'Move Service' option to have my new location active for the 21st of October but the option does not seem to work.
I was not prompter for a transfer date and the 'Move Service Status' option remains blank.
I realise I will be charged a cancellation fee of $100 - but I have not choice but to move.

(I moved 6 months ago and the 'Move Service' option worked fine and my phone and new plan were all completed in the one day under the one request).

I have now been told I will have to separately cancel my Exetel service - removing all evidence of being a 6plus year memeber of Exetel, and apply for a new service and start again. Is this true?

I known any address move involves a cancel of the current connection and a new connection - but I have moved before under the 'Move service' without a problem and retain my Exetel accounts, email and billing history. I am remaining an Extel customer and not moving to another ISP.

Can someone please help explain?
I want to stay with Exetel and join a new plan.
I want to retain my 6 plus years of service.
I want to retain my Exetel account which holds my billing history, usgae history.
I want to reatin my current phone number.

Thanks.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: Moving ADSL2 Bundled Service

Post by rukshani » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:14 pm

squeakytown wrote:Hi,

My rental agreenment has been terninated and I have to move while in a contract period.
I am currently on the OT-30 plan bundles with optus phone.

I tried to use the 'Move Service' option to have my new location active for the 21st of October but the option does not seem to work.
I was not prompter for a transfer date and the 'Move Service Status' option remains blank.
I realise I will be charged a cancellation fee of $100 - but I have not choice but to move.

(I moved 6 months ago and the 'Move Service' option worked fine and my phone and new plan were all completed in the one day under the one request).

I have now been told I will have to separately cancel my Exetel service - removing all evidence of being a 6plus year memeber of Exetel, and apply for a new service and start again. Is this true?

I known any address move involves a cancel of the current connection and a new connection - but I have moved before under the 'Move service' without a problem and retain my Exetel accounts, email and billing history. I am remaining an Extel customer and not moving to another ISP.

Can someone please help explain?
I want to stay with Exetel and join a new plan.
I want to retain my 6 plus years of service.
I want to retain my Exetel account which holds my billing history, usgae history.
I want to reatin my current phone number.

Thanks.

I have asked an Exetel sales representative to advise you on this.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks.
I have rang another Exetel representative and got a different answer.
The advice this time was my last move with Exetel has not been closed properly and is stopping me using the 'Move Service' option this time.

The last move service was supposedly updated and I was told to try again. Unfortunately the 'Move service' option still does not progress and appear under the 'Move service status' option. My last move (6 months ago) is still showing.

I will ring Exetel again...(third time lucky).

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:32 pm

squeakytown wrote:Thanks.
I have rang another Exetel representative and got a different answer.
The advice this time was my last move with Exetel has not been closed properly and is stopping me using the 'Move Service' option this time.

The last move service was supposedly updated and I was told to try again. Unfortunately the 'Move service' option still does not progress and appear under the 'Move service status' option. My last move (6 months ago) is still showing.

I will ring Exetel again...(third time lucky).
Could you please drop an email with your service number to residentialsales@exetel.com.au and put Attn - Eromal on the subject line?