NOT FAIR - EXETEL FORCING ME TO RENEW CONTRACT

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
superkei

NOT FAIR - EXETEL FORCING ME TO RENEW CONTRACT

Post by superkei » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:27 pm

I have personal reason that cannot renew the contract on my current ADSL plan OTAA; (I stay with exetel for no contract over years already)

I have got a email last wk from exetel saying "Customers who do not recontract by this date will automatically be placed on our newer OT or OF Optus ADSL2+ plans which will match the monthly spend you are currently on, extra costs may apply if this is to occur."

I have contacted to the customer support yesterday - if I don't renew the contract, they didn't know the what's the newer plan , and they not even know how much is the "extra" costs!! They won't know until 27th November 2011 (the switch over day) WHAT?

and the customer support called me back today and said - "There is NO option to stay in exetel without contract, you can change to other ISP or your ADSL will be disconnected by then" ? What!!??

What kind of this customer service I am facing!?

Why exetel force customers to renew the contract?!

Anyone got similar issue? If so, please let me know (email: superkei@gmail.com), as I am now thinking of reporting this to Fair Trading, I think we can group the complaint requests together

ForumAdmin

Re: NOT FAIR - EXETEL FORCING ME TO RENEW CONTRACT

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:22 am

You have three choices:

1) Recontract your current plan on a new 12 month contract.

2) Select another Exetel plan that is more suitable than your current plan on a 12 month contract.

3) Leave Exetel and select an ISP who you believe offers you a more suitable service for your current needs.

All of the costs associated with your current or new Exetel/Optus plan are clearly shown on the relevant order forms.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: NOT FAIR - EXETEL FORCING ME TO RENEW CONTRACT

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

superkei wrote:I am now thinking of reporting this to Fair Trading
Under what possible grounds?
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au