My Sync & Dropout problems.

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
BigPete
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Hunter Valley - N.S.W.

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by BigPete » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi.

Another update, a Bigpond tech came this afternoon to look at cables again I gave them a run down
on what was going on, that were still having drop outs (after midday today before they arrived ) & noise/static on phone now and then.

They changed the wires that they/were using in the footpath to spares, plus some new connectors to see if that helps.

Is it worth taking us off the profile to see if it's any better or not, full speed would be nice but only if it stays connected otherwise leave it as it is for now.

pete.

rukshani
Exetel Staff
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by rukshani » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 pm

BigPete wrote:Hi.

Another update, a Bigpond tech came this afternoon to look at cables again I gave them a run down
on what was going on, that were still having drop outs (after midday today before they arrived ) & noise/static on phone now and then.

They changed the wires that they/were using in the footpath to spares, plus some new connectors to see if that helps.

Is it worth taking us off the profile to see if it's any better or not, full speed would be nice but only if it stays connected otherwise leave it as it is for now.

pete.
A support engineer will be looking in to this soon.

udara
Exetel Staff
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by udara » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:52 pm

BigPete wrote:Hi.

Another update, a Bigpond tech came this afternoon to look at cables again I gave them a run down
on what was going on, that were still having drop outs (after midday today before they arrived ) & noise/static on phone now and then.

They changed the wires that they/were using in the footpath to spares, plus some new connectors to see if that helps.

Is it worth taking us off the profile to see if it's any better or not, full speed would be nice but only if it stays connected otherwise leave it as it is for now.

pete.

Hi Pete,

I have followed this up with telstra , and they still do not have an update on the Major repairs that needed to be done. :(

However as you say that they have changed the wires they were using in the footpath and some new connectors , I could take you off the stability profile and then we can monitor if you can stay connected if not then we will have to put the stability profile back in place :(

Let me know what you would like me to do :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

BigPete
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Hunter Valley - N.S.W.

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by BigPete » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi udara.

Could you take the profile off and we will have to see if the connection is any better and stays up.

If there's any problems i'll let you know.

thanks

pete.

Edit / this is from modem now.

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 11.2 11.0
Attenuation (dB): 26.0 13.1
Output Power (dBm): 18.5 12.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 13928 627
Rate (Kbps): 12177 634

udara
Exetel Staff
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by udara » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:17 pm

BigPete wrote:Hi udara.

Could you take the profile off and we will have to see if the connection is any better and stays up.

If there's any problems i'll let you know.

thanks

pete.

Edit / this is from modem now.

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 11.2 11.0
Attenuation (dB): 26.0 13.1
Output Power (dBm): 18.5 12.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 13928 627
Rate (Kbps): 12177 634
Hi Pete,

The stability profile has been removed now , please power-cycle the modem and monitor the line :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

BigPete
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Hunter Valley - N.S.W.

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by BigPete » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi udara.

Done & will keep an eye on it.

thanks

pete.

BigPete
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Hunter Valley - N.S.W.

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by BigPete » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi.

I think that i need to go back on the stability profile, i been having quite a few drop outs the last few days again for some reason.

We haven't had any rain lately so that's not making it worse, still no word from telstra about getting the line replaced.

These are spec's from the modem over the last few minutes.
Downstream___Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 4.9___4.4
Attenuation (dB): 26.5___13.7
Output Power (dBm): 18.4___12.4


SNR Margin (dB): 3.8___4.7
Attenuation (dB): 26.5___13.7
Output Power (dBm): 18.4___12.4


SNR Margin (dB): 4.1___3.2
Attenuation (dB): 26.5___13.7
Output Power (dBm): 18.4___12.4

thanks.

pete.

stevecJ
Forum Admin
Posts: 1041
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by stevecJ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:57 pm

BigPete wrote:Hi.

I think that i need to go back on the stability profile, i been having quite a few drop outs the last few days again for some reason.

We haven't had any rain lately so that's not making it worse, still no word from telstra about getting the line replaced.

These are spec's from the modem over the last few minutes.
Downstream___Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 4.9___4.4
Attenuation (dB): 26.5___13.7
Output Power (dBm): 18.4___12.4


SNR Margin (dB): 3.8___4.7
Attenuation (dB): 26.5___13.7
Output Power (dBm): 18.4___12.4


SNR Margin (dB): 4.1___3.2
Attenuation (dB): 26.5___13.7
Output Power (dBm): 18.4___12.4

thanks.

pete.

Hi pete,

I have requested our supplier to installed the stability profile once again. We'll follow this up and update you soon.

Ticket reference #4765990.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

BigPete
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Hunter Valley - N.S.W.

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by BigPete » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi stevecJ.

O.K.

This just now, a new low i think.

SNR Margin (dB): 3.5___2.5
Attenuation (dB): 31.0___17.2
Output Power (dBm): 18.4___12.4

thanks

pete.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2502
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:19 pm

BigPete wrote:Hi stevecJ.

O.K.

This just now, a new low i think.

SNR Margin (dB): 3.5___2.5
Attenuation (dB): 31.0___17.2
Output Power (dBm): 18.4___12.4

thanks

pete.

Hi Pete,

Still we are waiting for the confirmation of our supplier related to the changes we have requested. As it is still under investigation through reference 4765990, We will update you as soon as we receive the update.

shoner
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by shoner » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:16 am

BigPete wrote:Hi stevecJ.

O.K.

This just now, a new low i think.

SNR Margin (dB): 3.5___2.5
Attenuation (dB): 31.0___17.2
Output Power (dBm): 18.4___12.4

thanks

pete.
Our wholesale supplier has made the changes. We can see that it has improved your service as well. Could you kindly monitor the service for a day and let us know if you experience any issues?
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

BigPete
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Hunter Valley - N.S.W.

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by BigPete » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi.

I noticed the change on saturday, can i ask if there is any way for you to improve/tweek my upload speed as i'm lucky if i can get 200Kbps

now and it takes a lot longer to upload files then before or am i stuck with it because of the noisy line problems.

thanks

pete.

rukshani
Exetel Staff
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by rukshani » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 pm

BigPete wrote:Hi.

I noticed the change on saturday, can i ask if there is any way for you to improve/tweek my upload speed as i'm lucky if i can get 200Kbps

now and it takes a lot longer to upload files then before or am i stuck with it because of the noisy line problems.

thanks

pete.
A support engineer at Exetel will shortly look in to this.

stevecJ
Forum Admin
Posts: 1041
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by stevecJ » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm

BigPete wrote:Hi.

I noticed the change on saturday, can i ask if there is any way for you to improve/tweek my upload speed as i'm lucky if i can get 200Kbps

now and it takes a lot longer to upload files then before or am i stuck with it because of the noisy line problems.

thanks

pete.
Hi Pete,

We'll check on this further and get back to you soon :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

stevecJ
Forum Admin
Posts: 1041
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by stevecJ » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi Pete,

We have made few changes, so therefore could you please retest the download/upload speeds.

Also we cannot see your modem connected at the moment, Please let us know if you still experience any further issues with the connectivity :?:
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Post Reply