My Sync & Dropout problems.

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
BigPete

Re: My Sync & Dropout problems.

Post by BigPete » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:25 pm

stevecJ wrote:Hi Pete,

We have made few changes, so therefore could you please retest the download/upload speeds.

Also we cannot see your modem connected at the moment, Please let us know if you still experience any further issues with the connectivity :?:
Hi stevecJ.

Sorry for not getting back sooner i had other things to do, i guess the different time zones don't help! my modem would have been off over night.

It seems that the problems with the telstra cables are back with the rain again, i've had a lot of dropouts today i have a lower SNR which i guess is from the water getting into the cables again and causing the problems. There doesn't seem to be as much line noise this time

I don't suppose that you can give telstra a call/push to do something about replacing these faulty cables.

Current // Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 4.2____3.6
Attenuation (dB): 27.0___14.1
Output Power (dBm): 18.5___12.4

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:04 pm

BigPete wrote:
stevecJ wrote:Hi Pete,

We have made few changes, so therefore could you please retest the download/upload speeds.

Also we cannot see your modem connected at the moment, Please let us know if you still experience any further issues with the connectivity :?:
Hi stevecJ.

Sorry for not getting back sooner i had other things to do, i guess the different time zones don't help! my modem would have been off over night.

It seems that the problems with the telstra cables are back with the rain again, i've had a lot of dropouts today i have a lower SNR which i guess is from the water getting into the cables again and causing the problems. There doesn't seem to be as much line noise this time

I don't suppose that you can give telstra a call/push to do something about replacing these faulty cables.

Current // Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 4.2____3.6
Attenuation (dB): 27.0___14.1
Output Power (dBm): 18.5___12.4

Hi Pete,

I have re escalated this to the supplier and the reference is #4795599.

We'll provide you further updates on your mobile.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

BigPete

Post by BigPete » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi.

I'd just like to let you know that the telstra tech came today and found another fault in the cable joint down the road, it was full of water & had corroded wires

looks like he might have fixed it for now hope it stays this way.

The modem spec's look alot better now see below, thanks to exetel for getting them on to it so fast. :D

Currently// Downstream___Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 6.1____8.5
Attenuation (dB): 24.0___11.9
Output Power (dBm): 18.2___12.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 22956___1100
Rate (Kbps): 20280___1020

Exetel speed test.// Your current bandwidth reading is: 10.30 Mbps, which means you can download at 1.29 MB/sec. from our servers.

thanks again.

pete.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:52 pm

BigPete wrote:Hi.

I'd just like to let you know that the telstra tech came today and found another fault in the cable joint down the road, it was full of water & had corroded wires

looks like he might have fixed it for now hope it stays this way.

The modem spec's look alot better now see below, thanks to exetel for getting them on to it so fast. :D

Currently// Downstream___Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 6.1____8.5
Attenuation (dB): 24.0___11.9
Output Power (dBm): 18.2___12.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 22956___1100
Rate (Kbps): 20280___1020

Exetel speed test.// Your current bandwidth reading is: 10.30 Mbps, which means you can download at 1.29 MB/sec. from our servers.

thanks again.

pete.
Hi Pete,

Great to hear that the connection is working fine now :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================