Moving from Internode to exetel A-100 (AAPT)

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
zaxapod

Moving from Internode to exetel A-100 (AAPT)

Post by zaxapod » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm trying to sign up for an A-100 (AAPT) plan, and on the sign up page it lists the ISP that can be transferred from. (I'm currently on an Internode ADSL2+ service on an agile port). Internode isn't listed. So does that mean I can't just do a simple transfer, I need to disconnect & get codes removed etc?

The signup page does list Agile, so could I just put that as the originating ISP?

thanks

reallysuperman

Re: Moving from Internode to exetel A-100 (AAPT)

Post by reallysuperman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:57 pm

From memory (and correct me if i am wrong Exetel) is that you can not do a simple transfer off the Internode ADSL 2+ port if it is on their OWN equipment.

This may be something that has changed since I left working in the Telco world.

zaxapod

Post by zaxapod » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Well I spoke to exetel sales, and they didn't seem to know about Agile/Internode being the same company. I don't know why internode list their dslams as Agile instead of Internode, it must confuse people doing transfers. Anyway she suggested I just put in the application listing Agile as the previous ISP, and see what happens. I'd rather go straight to Exetel with no downtime, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I did see a very old post on here that did seem like Agile to Exetel did work as a simple transfer, so hopefully it will be OK.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:37 pm

zaxapod wrote:Well I spoke to exetel sales, and they didn't seem to know about Agile/Internode being the same company. I don't know why internode list their dslams as Agile instead of Internode, it must confuse people doing transfers. Anyway she suggested I just put in the application listing Agile as the previous ISP, and see what happens. I'd rather go straight to Exetel with no downtime, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I did see a very old post on here that did seem like Agile to Exetel did work as a simple transfer, so hopefully it will be OK.
Without taking the risk of canceling your current service and having a down-time, you may wait for the status of the application that you have placed. If rejected, then you will know that you have to first disconnect, wait until the ADSL programming is removed and then lodge a fresh application as a new connection not as a churn.

zaxapod

Post by zaxapod » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Well its not looking good. The status is "inactive" and says this:-

"This application has been rejected on 2011-12-13 due to the following reasons as per outlined below.
Unable to Process"

I guess that means I have to get Internode to disconnect, wait for the code removal and then apply again? Or does that error mean something else?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:43 pm

zaxapod wrote:Well its not looking good. The status is "inactive" and says this:-

"This application has been rejected on 2011-12-13 due to the following reasons as per outlined below.
Unable to Process"

I guess that means I have to get Internode to disconnect, wait for the code removal and then apply again? Or does that error mean something else?
Agile/Internode to AAPT/Exetel is very straight forward, please email me your number

james@exetel.com.au

zaxapod

Post by zaxapod » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Thanks James, email has been sent. I did send an email earlier to provisioning@exetel.com.au but the one I just sent you has some more information.