No adsl but dial tone present - ANGRY

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ebonairre1

No adsl but dial tone present - ANGRY

Post by ebonairre1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:20 pm

I have been an exetel customer for three years now and after having to move house, have had nothing but problems.

Initially, the technician turned up on 10/01 to connect the phoneline, which he apparently did and then assured my husband that it should all work now.

I came home to find that no, the adsl connection was not working, depsite the fact that there was a dial tone and I could call out.

Since then, I have been playing phone tennis with exetel who keep sending out technicians. The first one discovered water in the phone pit outside the house but said he tested the line twice out of the water and it was working. He didn't bother to come into the house to check that it was working.

Now a third technician is supposedly coming out on the 25th to the house, despite exetel saying that there's nothing wrong with the line. Then one of the extel phone guys asked me if I have a security system in the house (why on earth someone didn't ask me this when I requested the connection in the first place) which I do. No one can give me a reason for asking about this, since the voip service that the assistance line runs through constantly cuts out every time I call them.

I'm wondering when I should give up and move to another isp, as frankly, the customer service that I have received so far has been abysmal. I've never had a problem like this before and I'm having to pay incredible amounts through telstra for mobile broadband to keep working. I work full time and my husband doesn't have the same kind of savvy for this as I do and thus doesn't really know what to ask when the useless technician assures him that there's nothing wrong when there obviously is.

I have since unplugged the security system's phone line from the wall but this has made no difference to the adsl service. Being told to reset my modems (yes, I went out and bought a $150 new modem as I was clutching at straws as to the problem) every time I call to get some kind of update and then having to unplug everything for the umpteenth time while they do yet another line test is starting to wear a little thin.

Can someone please give me some kind of answer in ENGLISH as to what might be wrong with my phone line and if I do decide to cancel the new contract, what I need to do to have every single fee waived as I haven't actually received any kind of service from exetel?

Ticket fault - 4734440

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: No adsl but dial tone present - ANGRY

Post by jokiin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:45 pm

can't say what the problem is or could be but intermittent issues like water in the pit would be the same regardless of which ISP you were with, frustrating I'm sure but one of those things that happens unfortunately, you have a support ticket already so the best approach is to reply to that ticket until resolved, jobs get marked closed unless you respond to the same ticket which reopens the job to continue the workflow

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:52 pm

As Jokiin says. A support tech may drop in before long, who can also look up what has happened with your line, and advise you further. If so, he will ask you to PM your 10 digit phone number.

Meanwhile, alarms and ADSL need special provisions if they are to co-exist comfortably. They are briefly covered fairly clearly on this cable fixer's web page - http://www.phoneworks.net.au/Common/mode_3.php. When not correctly fitted alarms can cause a lot of bother, which possibly explains the support person's interest.

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:19 pm

>the voip service that the assistance line runs through constantly cuts out every time I call them.

If the call cuts out at the 30 second point each time then it is a setting in X-lite at your end.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 pm

ebonairre1 wrote:I have been an exetel customer for three years now and after having to move house, have had nothing but problems.

Initially, the technician turned up on 10/01 to connect the phoneline, which he apparently did and then assured my husband that it should all work now.

I came home to find that no, the adsl connection was not working, depsite the fact that there was a dial tone and I could call out.

Since then, I have been playing phone tennis with exetel who keep sending out technicians. The first one discovered water in the phone pit outside the house but said he tested the line twice out of the water and it was working. He didn't bother to come into the house to check that it was working.

Now a third technician is supposedly coming out on the 25th to the house, despite exetel saying that there's nothing wrong with the line. Then one of the extel phone guys asked me if I have a security system in the house (why on earth someone didn't ask me this when I requested the connection in the first place) which I do. No one can give me a reason for asking about this, since the voip service that the assistance line runs through constantly cuts out every time I call them.

I'm wondering when I should give up and move to another isp, as frankly, the customer service that I have received so far has been abysmal. I've never had a problem like this before and I'm having to pay incredible amounts through telstra for mobile broadband to keep working. I work full time and my husband doesn't have the same kind of savvy for this as I do and thus doesn't really know what to ask when the useless technician assures him that there's nothing wrong when there obviously is.

I have since unplugged the security system's phone line from the wall but this has made no difference to the adsl service. Being told to reset my modems (yes, I went out and bought a $150 new modem as I was clutching at straws as to the problem) every time I call to get some kind of update and then having to unplug everything for the umpteenth time while they do yet another line test is starting to wear a little thin.

Can someone please give me some kind of answer in ENGLISH as to what might be wrong with my phone line and if I do decide to cancel the new contract, what I need to do to have every single fee waived as I haven't actually received any kind of service from exetel?

Ticket fault - 4734440
Hi,

As you have mentioned a field technician has been booked on the 25/01 between 7.30 - 12 and it is difficult to point out the where the issue at this stage.

I will go through the ticket comments and follow it up till the appointment. I will contact you on Wednesday after we received the update from the supplier.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================