Yallingup exchange down

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
thermalben

Yallingup exchange down

Post by thermalben » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Is the Yallingup exchange down? My internet service has been offline all day, as have a few neighboring ADSL lines in the same street (there's only one exchange here, belonging to Telstra).

EroshanJ
Exetel Staff

Re: Yallingup exchange down

Post by EroshanJ » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:03 am

thermalben wrote:Is the Yallingup exchange down? My internet service has been offline all day, as have a few neighboring ADSL lines in the same street (there's only one exchange here, belonging to Telstra).
Hi thermalben,

It appears that the connection is up and running now. And we have not received an official outage notification for Yallingup exchange yesterday.

thermalben

Post by thermalben » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:12 am

You're right - it is back up.

How is outage information provided to Exetel? Almost every single outage I have ever experienced, I have had to notify Exetel of the problem. As such, the 'Network Status' page does not usually reflect the current state of the network.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

thermalben wrote:You're right - it is back up.

How is outage information provided to Exetel? Almost every single outage I have ever experienced, I have had to notify Exetel of the problem. As such, the 'Network Status' page does not usually reflect the current state of the network.
We will come to know of planned/unplanned outages when our wholesale suppliers inform us of such and we would then have the network status page updated. Unfortunately there are unplanned minor outages that only affects few customers that we will not be able to update in real time, but given the magnitude of the outage being significant, we will have the network status page in the Exetel web site updated at all times. In most cases, minor outages(that affects 2-3 customers at max) could only be identified when and after a service issue has been reported to Exetel by the customer themselves, and at further investigation on the causes of it by our engineers.