End of contract

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
nozila

End of contract

Post by nozila » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Hey guys,

I guess this is directed at exetel staff more specifically, my 2nd contract with exetel is up I think at the end of this month. I dont recall what happened last year when my contract finished because I went straight onto a new plan exetel offered as I think I got an email about an offer of new plans. Although this time, I didnt get any offers.

But that isnt a big deal, my question is as my plan expires as of end of this month, does my monthly payment continue (ie $60 200GB and free landline/optus calls)thereafter until I decide to choose a new plan or does my internet connection end.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: End of contract

Post by Dazzled » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:34 pm

You don't get cut off. After a contract period expires you continue on the same plan, but with no longer any penalty if you choose to leave. You are also able to select a new plan if one suits you better. Eventually when the present plan is long gone, Exetel may at its option tidy up things and ask you to start on a new one (or leave without penalty if preferred). Until then you don't have to do anything. This is a very common situation, and can last a long while.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 pm

nozila wrote:Hey guys,

I guess this is directed at exetel staff more specifically, my 2nd contract with exetel is up I think at the end of this month. I dont recall what happened last year when my contract finished because I went straight onto a new plan exetel offered as I think I got an email about an offer of new plans. Although this time, I didnt get any offers.

But that isnt a big deal, my question is as my plan expires as of end of this month, does my monthly payment continue (ie $60 200GB and free landline/optus calls)thereafter until I decide to choose a new plan or does my internet connection end.
Your service will continue as it- being charged on a monthly basis, post contract. You could change to any of the OF plans (Currently displayed on your members facility under the "Change Service" tab) even before your contract expires for a plan change fee of $20. There will also be more plans (coming under the Optus infrastructure) that will be made available for you to change to once after you're contract expires if you wish or you could continue to be on the same plan that you're currently on. For more details, please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au

matboislim

Post by matboislim » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 am

Hi,

I'm in the same situation. If I move to an OT plan does that mean that I start a new 12 month contract?
Also once I move to OT is it possible to move back to a OF plan?

Thanks.

slave1

Post by slave1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 am

rukshani wrote:Your service will continue as it- being charged on a monthly basis, post contract. You could change to any of the OF plans (Currently displayed on your members facility under the "Change Service" tab) even before your contract expires for a plan change fee of $20. There will also be more plans (coming under the Optus infrastructure) that will be made available for you to change to once after you're contract expires if you wish or you could continue to be on the same plan that you're currently on. For more details, please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au
My OCV plan contract has now expired and I can see the OT and OF plans available now in the user facility (the OF + 50% plans are great by the way). Despite my plan now being out of contract, the cost of plan change is still showing as $20. Is this correct, does the $20 plan change fee still apply to those customers out of contract?

Is separating the ADSL and mobile component from an OCV-200/35 plan to an OF-20+10 Optus ADSL2+ plan and an Optus M15 mobile plan going to be messy from a billing perspective?

remosha

Post by remosha » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:35 am

slave1 wrote:
rukshani wrote:Your service will continue as it- being charged on a monthly basis, post contract. You could change to any of the OF plans (Currently displayed on your members facility under the "Change Service" tab) even before your contract expires for a plan change fee of $20. There will also be more plans (coming under the Optus infrastructure) that will be made available for you to change to once after you're contract expires if you wish or you could continue to be on the same plan that you're currently on. For more details, please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au
My OCV plan contract has now expired and I can see the OT and OF plans available now in the user facility (the OF + 50% plans are great by the way). Despite my plan now being out of contract, the cost of plan change is still showing as $20. Is this correct, does the $20 plan change fee still apply to those customers out of contract?

Is separating the ADSL and mobile component from an OCV-200/35 plan to an OF-20+10 Optus ADSL2+ plan and an Optus M15 mobile plan going to be messy from a billing perspective?
There is a plan change fee of $20.

There will be a plan change fee to to move from your current mobile plan to an M plan.

Please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au with your request to change plans, so that we can look into your account and advice you of the charges.

matboislim

Post by matboislim » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:10 pm

If I have finished ocv200 contract and I move to OT or OV plans does it start a new 12 month contract? Thanks

thepigs2

Post by thepigs2 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:10 pm

rukshani wrote: There will be a plan change fee to to move from your current mobile plan to an M plan.
Just to weigh in here, I find the plan fee changes to be punitively high for those whose contracts periods have expired. If I wanted to change my old exetel plans (all 12 months+ old) to the newer exetel plans it would cost me $90 in plan change fees.

What I find particularly punitive is the $50 plan change fee to the M8 mobile plan. An entirely new SIM card for the M8 plan would cost $20! That doesn't make sense.

When you consider the connection fee to another ISP is going to be comparable to $90 with the same contract terms I don't see how this is good for business.

remosha

Post by remosha » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 pm

thepigs2 wrote:
rukshani wrote: There will be a plan change fee to to move from your current mobile plan to an M plan.
Just to weigh in here, I find the plan fee changes to be punitively high for those whose contracts periods have expired. If I wanted to change my old exetel plans (all 12 months+ old) to the newer exetel plans it would cost me $90 in plan change fees.

What I find particularly punitive is the $50 plan change fee to the M8 mobile plan. An entirely new SIM card for the M8 plan would cost $20! That doesn't make sense.

When you consider the connection fee to another ISP is going to be comparable to $90 with the same contract terms I don't see how this is good for business.
If you send an email to residentialsales@exetel.com.au stating your service number with the subject "Forum post -End of contract" we can look into your account and advice you accordingly.