Dropout problems

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Catnip

Dropout problems

Post by Catnip » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 am

I have recently replaced my old netcomm modem(NB9W)with a netcomm NB16wv, and have experienced dropouts every couple of hours.
It re connects almost immediately and I wouldn't have noticed unless I was using the computer at the time. When checking the modem
status a few times a day, it will have been connected for only a short time instead of when it was first turned on in the morning.
I have tried an isolation test and the dropouts still occur. Have checked and rechecked my modem settings and they seem to be correct.
Can anyone suggest other things to try? I will be most grateful for any advice given. Cheers.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Dropout problems

Post by stevecJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:12 pm

Catnip wrote:I have recently replaced my old netcomm modem(NB9W)with a netcomm NB16wv, and have experienced dropouts every couple of hours.
It re connects almost immediately and I wouldn't have noticed unless I was using the computer at the time. When checking the modem
status a few times a day, it will have been connected for only a short time instead of when it was first turned on in the morning.
I have tried an isolation test and the dropouts still occur. Have checked and rechecked my modem settings and they seem to be correct.
Can anyone suggest other things to try? I will be most grateful for any advice given. Cheers.

Hi ,

We are currently looking in to this and we will respond to you via email.

Ticket ID: 5033563
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================