Super slow speeds

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Super slow speeds

Post by Dazzled » Thu May 10, 2012 11:03 am

Cerberus, Is your question about the screenshot in Mr Cat's post, that shows the only fast download coming from an iinet connection in Australia?

I still can't duplicate anything like the problems mentioned there, but I don't chase US media files. This morning I got a large file, 16 seeds, and was lucky to have a Japanese and a US source each coming in at over 300 KB/s, so it is certainly physically possible to get fast torrent connections from overseas.

Cerberus

Post by Cerberus » Mon May 14, 2012 9:13 am

shoner wrote:
Cerberus wrote:Can anyone from Exetel comment on this?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... &p=15#r300
The link you have provided is in reference to slow p2p speeds. Since the Exetel P2P caching severs were decommissioned, those who use p2p will be directly downloading from the source or from google cache. Hence there is nothing that can be done from Exetel's end. We can confirm that we do not prioritise or filter out any p2p packets. However, if you are facing speed issues with your service overall, then we could investigate.
well then, warm up your troubleshooting kit cos I just found out I'm now only syncing at 2804 kbps when it should be around 15000. Even after a rebooted router. Last time that happened (see above), someone on your end reset my connection and I suddenly synced properly again.

This is a new, unused line from 3 years ago and my upload sync is the same as it has always been, so how come my download sync is suddenly bad? What did you do last time to suddenly restored approximately 10Mbit of sync?

Whatever it was, make it permanent, or at least act like you care about your customers and troubleshoot the issues without tired, scripted words. I'm over the standard ISP phone jockey scripts, they only indicate your company doesn't want to take responsibility for any issues that arise.

I would also appreciate it if you give your customers a little notice before you randomly reset their connections, how do you know what is happening on the other end?

I look forward to having this issue resolved asap, it's already taken an unsatisfactory amount of time.

Cerberus

Post by Cerberus » Mon May 14, 2012 9:42 am

Dazzled wrote:Cerberus, Is your question about the screenshot in Mr Cat's post, that shows the only fast download coming from an iinet connection in Australia?

I still can't duplicate anything like the problems mentioned there, but I don't chase US media files. This morning I got a large file, 16 seeds, and was lucky to have a Japanese and a US source each coming in at over 300 KB/s, so it is certainly physically possible to get fast torrent connections from overseas.
Thanks Dazzled, I'm not assuming the issue is affecting everyone, I suppose it's good that it's not as it does give us people like yourself to compare stats with.

I did mean the unusual speed he was experiencing, it seems unusual that so many connections capable of sending large amounts of data, are not. Especially when apparently they did faultlessly up until recently. Very similar to what I see here on my end (in another client though).

localhost

Post by localhost » Tue May 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Dazzled - I have followed your Deluge guide and am currently maxing the line out @ 1.1MB/s on a Ubuntu 12.04 torrent, despite my measly upstream of 83KB/s.

It really does pay to set limits accordingly, I guess.