Drop outs

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
SonOfSteel

Drop outs

Post by SonOfSteel » Sat May 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi,
I've been having a lot of trouble with drop out over the last couple of days.
The DSL light stays on but the internet light goes out and I have to restart my modem to fix it.
As far as I know nothing has change with the computer of with the modem recently so I'm not sure whats causing it.

Thanks

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Re: Drop outs

Post by Kaushalya » Sat May 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi,
I've been having a lot of trouble with drop out over the last couple of days.
The DSL light stays on but the internet light goes out and I have to restart my modem to fix it.
As far as I know nothing has change with the computer of with the modem recently so I'm not sure whats causing it.

Thanks
Hi,

I have performed a port reset and tried to contact you in order to troubleshoot this drop out issue but was not successful.

However I sent you the troubleshooting steps via an email. Your reference number is 5187349.

SonOfSteel

Post by SonOfSteel » Sat May 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Is your telephone line working fine without any noise?
Yes
Have you tested the modem directly connected to the wall socket without the filter?
Yes
Have you tried an alternative Modem? - It is best that you try to borrow a modem and test the service.
I don't have access to one
Which brand/model of ADSL modem do you have?
Linksys WAG200G
Which brand/model of Alternate modem do you have or test with?

Is an ADSL 2 + Filter/splitter installed (if the service is ADSL2)?
Not sure but it has been working fine for quite a while now.

NadunH
Exetel Staff

Post by NadunH » Sat May 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Is your telephone line working fine without any noise?
Yes
Have you tested the modem directly connected to the wall socket without the filter?
Yes
Have you tried an alternative Modem? - It is best that you try to borrow a modem and test the service.
I don't have access to one
Which brand/model of ADSL modem do you have?
Linksys WAG200G
Which brand/model of Alternate modem do you have or test with?

Is an ADSL 2 + Filter/splitter installed (if the service is ADSL2)?
Not sure but it has been working fine for quite a while now.
I will send you an e-mail under the ticket number: 5187349. Please reply back to us via that, so we can escalate the issue towards our wholesale supplier. :)

SonOfSteel

Post by SonOfSteel » Mon May 28, 2012 10:26 pm

This problem has been resolved after talking with one of the operators I have not had a drop out for a while. Thanks.

stevecJ
Exetel Staff

Post by stevecJ » Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 pm

SonOfSteel wrote:This problem has been resolved after talking with one of the operators I have not had a drop out for a while. Thanks.
Great to hear that the issues has been resolved :D

Please monitor the connection and feel free to contact Exetel if you experience any further issues.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

rooscoota

Post by rooscoota » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:28 pm

hi there

having the same problems here over the last couple of weeks as well, start of june there abouts.

have noticed loss of internet after an incoming call on the telstra phone, not all the time but most, other times it will just randomly dropout, bought to my attention by ATA flashing orange lights, modem showing stable green but no internet, during this interuption the telstra phone works fine at all time.

browsing has also been affected as in painfully slow at loading web pages and at times will not completely load, speedtests reveal speeds are relatively the same as normal, a bit slower if anything.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[`[*Test Results from <a href="http://www.ozspeedtest.com/bandwidth-te ... 131824">Oz Broadband Speed Test</a>*]`]
[(----------------------------------
Test run on [*09/06/2012*] @ [*02:50 PM*])]

[(Mirror: [*Exetel*]
Data: [*15 MB*]
Test Time: [*8.21 secs*])]

[(Your line speed is [*15.27 Mbps*] (15275 kbps).
Your download speed is [*1.86 MB/s*] (1909 KB/s). )]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[`[*Test Results from <a href="http://www.ozspeedtest.com/bandwidth-te ... 131830">Oz Broadband Speed Test</a>*]`]
Test run on [*09/06/2012*] @ [*02:51 PM*])]

Test Time: [*8.85 secs*])]

[(Your line speed is [*14.17 Mbps*] (14170 kbps).
Your download speed is [*1.73 MB/s*] (1771 KB/s). )]

been through all the troubleshoot scenarios, been here to long, no hardware, software, setting changes for years.
since: 03/03/04

stevecJ
Exetel Staff

Post by stevecJ » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:12 am

rooscoota wrote:hi there

having the same problems here over the last couple of weeks as well, start of june there abouts.

have noticed loss of internet after an incoming call on the telstra phone, not all the time but most, other times it will just randomly dropout, bought to my attention by ATA flashing orange lights, modem showing stable green but no internet, during this interuption the telstra phone works fine at all time.

browsing has also been affected as in painfully slow at loading web pages and at times will not completely load, speedtests reveal speeds are relatively the same as normal, a bit slower if anything.

[`[*Test Results from <a href="http://www.ozspeedtest.com/bandwidth-te ... 131824">Oz Broadband Speed Test</a>*]`]
Test run on [*09/06/2012*] @ [*02:50 PM*])]

Test Time: [*8.21 secs*])]

[(Your line speed is [*15.27 Mbps*] (15275 kbps).
Your download speed is [*1.86 MB/s*] (1909 KB/s). )]

[`[*Test Results from <a href="http://www.ozspeedtest.com/bandwidth-te ... 131830">Oz Broadband Speed Test</a>*]`]
Test run on [*09/06/2012*] @ [*02:51 PM*])]

Test Time: [*8.85 secs*])]

[(Your line speed is [*14.17 Mbps*] (14170 kbps).
Your download speed is [*1.73 MB/s*] (1771 KB/s). )]

been through all the troubleshoot scenarios, been here to long, no hardware, software, setting changes for years.
Hi,

We will look in to this and update you soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Saliya Pinto

Post by Saliya Pinto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 am

Hi,

We have created a helpdesk ticket with ref#5265344 and sent an email . Please reply back to that.

rooscoota

Post by rooscoota » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:20 am

recieved email thankyou, will go through a few things over the next day or two and send some feedback re: email, get a new filter to be sure, i dont use filter/splitter on adsl outlet.

i noticed a port reset initated in the correspondence but only moments after recieving email i received a telstra phone call and line dropped out, be it only for a few minutes, and not every phone call.

will reply to email with results after replacing filter and having a play.

thanks again
roo

rooscoota

Post by rooscoota » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:54 pm

update

still having intermittent dropouts on incoming telstra calls, last at about 12.15 today. i rang telstra and made problem known, they were right onto it and had a return call in 1/2 hour confirming a fault on line. was told it will be rectified by 7.00 pm tomorrow latest, could be done in 15 minutes who knows. i raised my concern in relation to downtime, which isnt an issue, but more importantly the codes were not dropped or stuffed up resulting in loss of ADSL service and having to apply as new customer to which i was assured this would not happen. just for the record if this does in fact happen i was given a phone number 1300 direct to where he is, his identification no. and a ref no. for this conversation.

just covering my own butt for future reference.

stay tuned and kind regards

roo :)