Slow ADSL2+ speeds

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
dragon

Slow ADSL2+ speeds

Post by dragon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:11 am

Hi,

Recently I've experienced slow ADSL2+ speeds.
It has been like this for a little while now, i now sync with a downstream of:

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 704
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 2560

Previously i had a downstream of high 3000 to 4000Kbps. I haven't installed any new equipment recently and removed all the phones connected when i reset the modem and it is still slow.
Is there anyone that could be of assistance? Or someone could please check up on this issue?

Thanks.

NatDab

Re: Slow ADSL2+ speeds

Post by NatDab » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:14 am

It sounds like you're talking about line sync speeds.

Unfortunately apart from what you have already done (check connected equipment) and using a filter or central splitter - the reduction in sync speed may be a result of things outside of your control (ie damage to the line out of your property) or possibly issues in the walls with rodents deciding that your phone line was a little more appetising than anything else up there.

If you happen to have a modem that supports it, you can try using SNR tuning to improve your sync. Hence why I love my 7800N.

If you pick up a handset on the line, are you able to hear any sounds?

Chalin
Exetel Staff

Post by Chalin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:23 pm

dragon wrote:Hi,

Recently I've experienced slow ADSL2+ speeds.
It has been like this for a little while now, i now sync with a downstream of:

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 704
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 2560

Previously i had a downstream of high 3000 to 4000Kbps. I haven't installed any new equipment recently and removed all the phones connected when i reset the modem and it is still slow.
Is there anyone that could be of assistance? Or someone could please check up on this issue?

Thanks.
Hi dragon,

I have looked into your connection and have checked the service from our end. A ticket has being created on our system, and the Ticket ID: 5315151.

Please check the email that I have sent; to your nominated email address on the account and respond back to us via that ticket reference to further investigate the issue. :)

Regards,

Chalin

dragon

Post by dragon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 pm

thanks. the download speed is back to normal.. but i think you may have capped my upload speed.
my sync speed is now
ADSL Up 384 / 5088 kbps

Would i be able to get that checked as well. thanks.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:35 pm

You may be now on a stability profile until the matter gets sorted. Check to see if your SNR margins have improved to confirm that.