Connection drop outs

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Sokar

Re: Connection drop outs

Post by Sokar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:27 pm

There must be something going on in Wollongong, because I got disconnected too at around 9:15pm, and haven't had connection since. The same thing happened at around 11am, and since I had been up all night I figured that would be a good time to go to bed, waking around 8ish. Obviously, I have no idea what the connection was like between midday and 8pm.

Actually, my modem seems to be reporting that I am connected on the ADSL status page ( line state connected and giving numbers for data rate and line attenuation). However, on the device info page, it is sitting on "waiting for response". The logs also seem to be reporting that the carrier is up, but is looping around "timeout waiting for PADO packets, unable to complete PPPoE Discovery".

I am in West Wollongong, so not sure of the exchange.

AITCS

Post by AITCS » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:09 am

West Wollongong uses the Wollongong exchange which is the same one I'm having issues with. The modem can see the DSL hardware at the exchange (I'm getting sync and up/down speeds reported) but PPP won't connect.
This seemed to happen around 8:30pm-ish.

lasithah
Exetel Staff

Post by lasithah » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:40 am

AITCS wrote:West Wollongong uses the Wollongong exchange which is the same one I'm having issues with. The modem can see the DSL hardware at the exchange (I'm getting sync and up/down speeds reported) but PPP won't connect.
This seemed to happen around 8:30pm-ish.
Hi AITCS,

I ran a test on your line and there were some issues identified on your line. I emailed you some instructions please reply back to it so that we can test the line further.

Cheers

lasithah
Exetel Staff

Post by lasithah » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 am

Sokar wrote:There must be something going on in Wollongong, because I got disconnected too at around 9:15pm, and haven't had connection since. The same thing happened at around 11am, and since I had been up all night I figured that would be a good time to go to bed, waking around 8ish. Obviously, I have no idea what the connection was like between midday and 8pm.

Actually, my modem seems to be reporting that I am connected on the ADSL status page ( line state connected and giving numbers for data rate and line attenuation). However, on the device info page, it is sitting on "waiting for response". The logs also seem to be reporting that the carrier is up, but is looping around "timeout waiting for PADO packets, unable to complete PPPoE Discovery".

Hi Sokar

Please email your service number to Exetel or PM me the number so that we can get it tested, It could be some of the connections are affected on the same exchange. :)

lasithah
Exetel Staff

Post by lasithah » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:02 am

Chibrichish wrote:You can add me to this list.

Terrible connection for the last couple of weeks. Drop outs all the time.

Right now cannot connect at all, authentication failure.

Good to know its not just me, BTW, Warilla exchange as well.
Hi Chibrichish,

I did some changes to the line and sent you an email with a reference, Reply to that if the issue continues. Cheers !!! :)

lasithah
Exetel Staff

Post by lasithah » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:06 am

Sokar wrote:There must be something going on in Wollongong, because I got disconnected too at around 9:15pm, and haven't had connection since. The same thing happened at around 11am, and since I had been up all night I figured that would be a good time to go to bed, waking around 8ish. Obviously, I have no idea what the connection was like between midday and 8pm.

Hi Sokar,

Got your PM,

We've got reports of number of issues in the same postcode area with dropouts and no authentication issues, all the reported cases have come online and no dropouts since then. We did not get any update on the cause of the issue, Please monitor the service and give us an update if there is an issue. :)
Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Chibrichish

Post by Chibrichish » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:32 am

lasithah wrote: Hi Chibrichish,

I did some changes to the line and sent you an email with a reference, Reply to that if the issue continues. Cheers !!! :)

Cheers lasithah. Will monitor it.

Chibrichish

Post by Chibrichish » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:18 am

Gone again, unable to connect, multiple drop outs this morning, already.

bruceee

Post by bruceee » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 am

Hi to whoever is in charge at the moment , just to recap what happened last night.

7/9/2012 13 reconnects between 11:41 and 18:50 then the line dropped again at 20:45 in the middle of an important connection with UK
Waited and waited and line finally reconnected at 1:55 am 8/9/2012 and is still connected now. A 5 HOUR LOSS OF SERVICE
Other people obviously were affected and I did nothing to my equipment during the whole episode despite being asked to plug the modem diectly into the wall.
My modem is capable of reconnecting automatically after a drop and has been doing so throughout this problem period.

A 5 hour loss of sevice is not a laughing matter and I expect a reason for this outage to be made public or at the very least explained to me in an email/message /phone call, all the details needed are in my profile.

Regards Bruce

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:33 pm

bruceee wrote:Hi to whoever is in charge at the moment , just to recap what happened last night.

7/9/2012 13 reconnects between 11:41 and 18:50 then the line dropped again at 20:45 in the middle of an important connection with UK
Waited and waited and line finally reconnected at 1:55 am 8/9/2012 and is still connected now. A 5 HOUR LOSS OF SERVICE
Other people obviously were affected and I did nothing to my equipment during the whole episode despite being asked to plug the modem diectly into the wall.
My modem is capable of reconnecting automatically after a drop and has been doing so throughout this problem period.

A 5 hour loss of sevice is not a laughing matter and I expect a reason for this outage to be made public or at the very least explained to me in an email/message /phone call, all the details needed are in my profile.

Regards Bruce
We will investigate this issue and we will get back to you ASAP. We do apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

MikeTurner

Post by MikeTurner » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:04 am

I keep having problems in Wollongong as well. Connection drops out.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:10 am

MikeTurner wrote:I keep having problems in Wollongong as well. Connection drops out.
I have conducted a line test on your connection and i can see a few issues, however we need to conduct another line test with out any of the telephony equipment connected to the line to confirm where the problem is.

I tried to call you on your mobile but i was unable to get through, I have created a ticket (5603295) and sent you an email with what we need to do to get this issue sorted :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

Mobbsy

Post by Mobbsy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:35 pm

I am happy to report that I haven't had another drop-outs and/or issues since the last, everything has been working fine.

Thanks, Blake

shoner

Post by shoner » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:31 am

Mobbsy wrote:I am happy to report that I haven't had another drop-outs and/or issues since the last, everything has been working fine.

Thanks, Blake
We are glad to hear that :)
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

raknal

Post by raknal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 am

Add me to the list, continuous dropouts in the Hamilton NSW exchange area for the last 7 days at all times of the day but very bad in the evening from 7PM

Richard