New billing cycle, still capped????

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Yabbie

New billing cycle, still capped????

Post by Yabbie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi,

I would have raised a ticket through the members facilities, but they currently seem to be offline.

Basically, my new billing cycle starts today, but I still appear to be capped from last month (100k). Just wondering if someone from Exetel could please check out what's going on form me?

Many thanks,
Brad

James
Exetel Staff

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Post by James » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Yabbie wrote:Hi,

I would have raised a ticket through the members facilities, but they currently seem to be offline.

Basically, my new billing cycle starts today, but I still appear to be capped from last month (100k). Just wondering if someone from Exetel could please check out what's going on form me?

Many thanks,
Brad
Please call or email support.

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:32 pm

James wrote:
Yabbie wrote:Hi,

Many thanks,
Brad
if you could PM me your service number, I will get that checked for you

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Thushari wrote:if you could PM me your service number, I will get that checked for you
Hi. I was able to get in to my member services and raise a support ticket. It's all been sorted now (I was removed from the shaping pool).

I do have another question though - I was asked to power cycle my modem. Surely I don't have to do this every time I am capped and a new month starts????

Cheers,
Brad

casio7131

Post by casio7131 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm

I still seemed capped today too (for first time) and unplugging modem worked for me.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Yabbie wrote:
Thushari wrote:if you could PM me your service number, I will get that checked for you
Hi. I was able to get in to my member services and raise a support ticket. It's all been sorted now (I was removed from the shaping pool).

I do have another question though - I was asked to power cycle my modem. Surely I don't have to do this every time I am capped and a new month starts????

Cheers,
Brad
Hi,

Power cycling the modem will reset the current session and the session should be reset some how in order for the changers to take effect.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 pm

stevecJ wrote: Hi,

Power cycling the modem will reset the current session and the session should be reset some how in order for the changers to take effect.
Hi Steve,

I can verify that I did NOT have to restart my modem for the removal from the shaping pool to take effect.

My question to you is *why wasn't I automatically removed from the shaping pool???*

Regards,
Brad

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Yabbie wrote:
stevecJ wrote: Hi,

Hi Steve,

I can verify that I did NOT have to restart my modem for the removal from the shaping pool to take effect.

My question to you is *why wasn't I automatically removed from the shaping pool???*

Regards,
Brad
Hi Brad,

Please PM me your service number or the support ticket number enabling me to have a look into what happened here .
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 pm

udara wrote:Hi Brad,

Please PM me your service number or the support ticket number enabling me to have a look into what happened here .
Done. I look forward to your reply :)

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Yabbie wrote:

Done. I look forward to your reply :)
Hi Brad,

I have replied to your email :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm

I have replied to your email :)
Hi Udhara,

Got the reply. Thanks, that's cleared things up for me.

Cheers,
Brad

Flare123456

Post by Flare123456 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Hmmm I appear capped to. I have raised a case.

Edit:

A restart of the modem fixed the issue. Something you guys may need to look into?

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Flare123456 wrote:Hmmm I appear capped to. I have raised a case.

Edit:

A restart of the modem fixed the issue. Something you guys may need to look into?
Agreed. We (the customers) shouldn't have to restart our modems each time we end up in the shaped pool for the previous month. I love Exetel, but this isn't good enough.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:20 pm

I will look into this with our development team :)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============