Page 1 of 1

New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:16 pm
by Yabbie
Hi,

I would have raised a ticket through the members facilities, but they currently seem to be offline.

Basically, my new billing cycle starts today, but I still appear to be capped from last month (100k). Just wondering if someone from Exetel could please check out what's going on form me?

Many thanks,
Brad

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:30 pm
by James
Yabbie wrote:Hi,

I would have raised a ticket through the members facilities, but they currently seem to be offline.

Basically, my new billing cycle starts today, but I still appear to be capped from last month (100k). Just wondering if someone from Exetel could please check out what's going on form me?

Many thanks,
Brad
Please call or email support.

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:32 pm
by Thushari
James wrote:
Yabbie wrote:Hi,

I would have raised a ticket through the members facilities, but they currently seem to be offline.

Basically, my new billing cycle starts today, but I still appear to be capped from last month (100k). Just wondering if someone from Exetel could please check out what's going on form me?

Many thanks,
Brad
if you could PM me your service number, I will get that checked for you

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:40 pm
by Yabbie
Thushari wrote:if you could PM me your service number, I will get that checked for you
Hi. I was able to get in to my member services and raise a support ticket. It's all been sorted now (I was removed from the shaping pool).

I do have another question though - I was asked to power cycle my modem. Surely I don't have to do this every time I am capped and a new month starts????

Cheers,
Brad

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm
by casio7131
I still seemed capped today too (for first time) and unplugging modem worked for me.

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:33 pm
by stevecJ
Yabbie wrote:
Thushari wrote:if you could PM me your service number, I will get that checked for you
Hi. I was able to get in to my member services and raise a support ticket. It's all been sorted now (I was removed from the shaping pool).

I do have another question though - I was asked to power cycle my modem. Surely I don't have to do this every time I am capped and a new month starts????

Cheers,
Brad
Hi,

Power cycling the modem will reset the current session and the session should be reset some how in order for the changers to take effect.

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 pm
by Yabbie
stevecJ wrote: Hi,

Power cycling the modem will reset the current session and the session should be reset some how in order for the changers to take effect.
Hi Steve,

I can verify that I did NOT have to restart my modem for the removal from the shaping pool to take effect.

My question to you is *why wasn't I automatically removed from the shaping pool???*

Regards,
Brad

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:13 pm
by udara
Yabbie wrote:
stevecJ wrote: Hi,

Power cycling the modem will reset the current session and the session should be reset some how in order for the changers to take effect.
Hi Steve,

I can verify that I did NOT have to restart my modem for the removal from the shaping pool to take effect.

My question to you is *why wasn't I automatically removed from the shaping pool???*

Regards,
Brad
Hi Brad,

Please PM me your service number or the support ticket number enabling me to have a look into what happened here .

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 pm
by Yabbie
udara wrote:Hi Brad,

Please PM me your service number or the support ticket number enabling me to have a look into what happened here .
Done. I look forward to your reply :)

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:17 pm
by udara
Yabbie wrote:
udara wrote:Hi Brad,

Please PM me your service number or the support ticket number enabling me to have a look into what happened here .
Done. I look forward to your reply :)
Hi Brad,

I have replied to your email :)

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm
by Yabbie
udara wrote:Hi Brad,

I have replied to your email :)
Hi Udhara,

Got the reply. Thanks, that's cleared things up for me.

Cheers,
Brad

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:08 pm
by Flare123456
Hmmm I appear capped to. I have raised a case.


Edit:

A restart of the modem fixed the issue. Something you guys may need to look into?

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:20 pm
by Yabbie
Flare123456 wrote:Hmmm I appear capped to. I have raised a case.


Edit:

A restart of the modem fixed the issue. Something you guys may need to look into?
Agreed. We (the customers) shouldn't have to restart our modems each time we end up in the shaped pool for the previous month. I love Exetel, but this isn't good enough.

Re: New billing cycle, still capped????

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:20 pm
by udara
I will look into this with our development team :)