Changing DSL supplier in Tasmania...

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Tazz

Changing DSL supplier in Tasmania...

Post by Tazz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Have received the email "Exetel will be changing its wholesale ADSL supplier on your broadband service in Tasmania", and advises me that "you can choose to remain a customer".

It doesn't tell me who the new supplier will be, it most importantly doesn't tell me if there will be any changes to my plan, or whether there will be any changes to the cost of my plan, or indeed, any details at all.

I really don't know how I can make any decisions without any details to base a decision on...?

shoner

Re: Changing DSL supplier in Tasmania...

Post by shoner » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Tazz wrote:Have received the email "Exetel will be changing its wholesale ADSL supplier on your broadband service in Tasmania", and advises me that "you can choose to remain a customer".

It doesn't tell me who the new supplier will be, it most importantly doesn't tell me if there will be any changes to my plan, or whether there will be any changes to the cost of my plan, or indeed, any details at all.

I really don't know how I can make any decisions without any details to base a decision on...?
I will get a sales consultant to respond to you.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff

Post by Venurukshi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 pm

shoner wrote:
Tazz wrote:Have received the email "Exetel will be changing its wholesale ADSL supplier on your broadband service in Tasmania", and advises me that "you can choose to remain a customer".

The new supplier will be AAPT. There is no change to the contract, no change to the plan, no change to monthly access fee. Only a wholesale change.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Venurukshi wrote:
shoner wrote:

The new supplier will be AAPT. There is no change to the contract, no change to the plan, no change to monthly access fee. Only a wholesale change.
Thank you for the information, (which I really think should have been in the email sent out).

Midnight Rider

Post by Midnight Rider » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Venurukshi wrote:
shoner wrote:

Is this to be a backhaul change only, or are customers being moved from their current DSLAM to an AAPT DSLAM at their exchange???

If customers are having their DSLAM changed to AAPT, what happens to those customers who do not have an AAPT DSLAM at their exchange?

If it's a backhaul change only, why were customers even notified? Surely this is simply Exetel business that is none of their concern.

dparish

Post by dparish » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:57 pm

I'd like to know the answers to the above post also.

If its a DSLAM change, I know I am on a RIM so suspect that can't be possible so I am assuming this will be a backhaul change only.

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 am

It is not a DSLAM change. Exetel will be changing their ADSL wholesale backhaul provider in Tasmania from Telstra to AAPT. Your ADSL service and phone line will still be provided via Telstra DSLAM and Exchange Infrastructure. Your Exetel retail plan pricing and contract term will not change.

We have to provide notice to our customers as per the new rules in the Telecommunications Consumer Protection Code which we have done by notifying customers via email.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 pm

There is NO DSLAM change, all customers will continue to use Telstra Wholesale ports, however AAPT will do the aggregation on the backhaul of these circuits back to the mainland. The cost of that small cable system across Bass Strait is 5 times more expensive than we buy connectivity from Sydney to Los Angeles for!

Our end customers will notice no change.

sebjepb

Post by sebjepb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:09 am

"Our end customers will notice no change."

Thanks james but we did notice a slight change. Did anyone actually do some due diligence on this. I as an agent I emailed and called support and told them that this would be an issue. I even suggest that they should do some test transfers first before the big bang approach and offered to help in testing but was told it was all under control. DOH!

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:20 am

sebjepb wrote:"Our end customers will notice no change."

Thanks james but we did notice a slight change. Did anyone actually do some due diligence on this. I as an agent I emailed and called support and told them that this would be an issue. I even suggest that they should do some test transfers first before the big bang approach and offered to help in testing but was told it was all under control. DOH!
Exetel has done tens of thousands of similar migrations, unfortunately this one did not go as expected, and we are sorry for any inconvenience.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:50 pm

According to this post...
viewtopic.php?f=296&t=39797#p302792
our issues in Tas may be been fixed.

I'm in Launceston on the St John St exchange and there has been no change to my speeds at all, still struggling on not much better than dial-up speed!!

Wrathicus

Post by Wrathicus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Tazz wrote:According to this post...
viewtopic.php?f=296&t=39797#p302792
our issues in Tas may be been fixed.

I'm in Launceston on the St John St exchange and there has been no change to my speeds at all, still struggling on not much better than dial-up speed!!
Im in Hobart and experiencing the same slow speeds still also :(

Kameleon

Post by Kameleon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:36 pm

Would really like to post a "me too!". I'm on the Bellerive exchange in the Hobart area

bundy23

Post by bundy23 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:37 pm

Despite the fact I'm still getting dial-up speeds here in Burnie as well I was very happy to read on the other board that it was all fixed this morning... Great work guys, you should be proud. Awesome work.

But in all seriousness, I really hope whichever ISP I decide to churn to has more interest in helping customers than we've experienced this week from Exetel. It's gone from annoying to infuriating to amusing to hilarious and now back to infuriating.

Kamma

Post by Kamma » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Not fixed yet. Appreciate that we get the updates even when they're wrong, but do share the frustration of the other posters.