Page 1 of 1

Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:31 am
by Catnip
I enjoy watching Iview and Sbsondemand in the evenings, and have had no trouble with streaming until recently.
During the last week the it has become impossible to watch anything of this nature as the speed is so slow (buffering every
30 seconds). Is anyone else having similar problems and can anything be done to fix it? My plan is T20-2-REGION.
Cheers, Catnip

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:33 pm
by stevecJ
Catnip wrote:I enjoy watching Iview and Sbsondemand in the evenings, and have had no trouble with streaming until recently.
During the last week the it has become impossible to watch anything of this nature as the speed is so slow (buffering every
30 seconds). Is anyone else having similar problems and can anything be done to fix it? My plan is T20-2-REGION.
Cheers, Catnip
Hi,

In order to investigate this further, could you please conduct few speed tests during the time when you experiencing the slow speeds and send them to ''residentialsupport@exetel.com.au''. :?:

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 pm
by Dazzled
This problem is actually very common even when the net is running well - I've pretty well given up on ABC Iview now.

The foolproof solution is to capture or download the video data for personal use, which is pretty straightforward for anyone with suitable domestic video hardware or just basic command line computer skills. That adds up to a lot of people. There was a scripted app for everyone available up until recently but the copyright monopolists appear to have suppressed it - http://delimiter.com.au/2012/09/19/abc- ... ver-iview/ so unfortunately I can't tell you the method. All the software needed is common open-source stuff relating to html and flash.

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:06 pm
by drewey10
We have been having this problem for a couple of weeks now in Melb, times mid evening, it could not be slower, obviously pick up speed overnight, our speed is 1500 & we get about 300 at this time every night.

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:39 pm
by udara
drewey10 wrote:We have been having this problem for a couple of weeks now in Melb, times mid evening, it could not be slower, obviously pick up speed overnight, our speed is 1500 & we get about 300 at this time every night.
Hi drewey10,

Would you please be able to conduct a few speed tests during different time of the day and email the results to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au , so that we can investigate this further :)

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 pm
by thomashouseman
I'm having issues too in the afternoon peak hours into the evening. Works fine almost all other times. Very similar symptoms to the underprovisioning issues I experiences a few years ago.

See this example:

Image

compared to later in the evening a few months ago:

Image

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:10 pm
by FFH4500
Here's your answer: http://www.exetel.com.au/res_main.php

Exetel is running out of capacity. Not happy Jan!!! I have just churned from Internode, whilst I was paying a premium I had a premium service. The pain of poor performance is definitely starting to out way the sweetness of the price.

This is not good enough Exetel!

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:44 pm
by slwarren75
I have also experienced performance issues since returning from holidays this week.

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 pm
by thomashouseman
Same test, 11:20pm.

Image

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:34 am
by asankag
Hi,

@ thomashouseman,
We have created a ticket for your issue. Ref #5750733

@ slwarren75,
We have created a ticket for your issue as well. Ref #5750745

@ FFH4500,
We have created a ticket for you as well. Ref #5750739

Please reply to those emails in order investigate your issues.

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 pm
by Catnip
I am still waiting for a reply to my previous post, sent speeds as requested.
Tonight's speed is Image

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 am
by mobochobo
I'm having speed issues too. The techs did a line check and everything and found nothing wrong. Are you guys on optus based plans? I'm in parramatta. I'm wondering if changing to AAPT will make things better? I can't see the option to change my adsl to the AAPT or telstra ones though. Is this possible to do? Is there a big fee involved?

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:49 am
by KavindaS
mobochobo wrote:I'm having speed issues too. The techs did a line check and everything and found nothing wrong. Are you guys on optus based plans? I'm in parramatta. I'm wondering if changing to AAPT will make things better? I can't see the option to change my adsl to the AAPT or telstra ones though. Is this possible to do? Is there a big fee involved?
Can you please PM me your ADSL 10 digit service number so I can check and update you accordingly.

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 pm
by KavindaS
Catnip wrote:I am still waiting for a reply to my previous post, sent speeds as requested.
Tonight's speed is Image
Hi,
I have created a ticket under the reference number 5736937 and sent you an email to your nominated email id via the same ticket with set of troubleshooting steps. Once you complete the testing please reply back to the same email with the test results for further investigation.

Re: Evening Speed issues adsl2

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 pm
by KavindaS
KavindaS wrote:
mobochobo wrote:I'm having speed issues too. The techs did a line check and everything and found nothing wrong. Are you guys on optus based plans? I'm in parramatta. I'm wondering if changing to AAPT will make things better? I can't see the option to change my adsl to the AAPT or telstra ones though. Is this possible to do? Is there a big fee involved?
Can you please PM me your ADSL 10 digit service number so I can check and update you accordingly.
Got your PM. I will email to your nominated email address in our account.