So Telstra just sent us a letter about ADSL2+ being enabled

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Franpa

Re: So Telstra just sent us a letter about ADSL2+ being enab

Post by Franpa » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:37 am

Fahim S wrote:
Franpa wrote:
Franpa wrote:Basically I want to know if I apply for a plan that uses AAPT infrastructure (A1 and A2 plans) and it turns out that our location is unsuitable for such a service resulting in the plan change not going ahead, will I be charged any money? Will it impact my existing service?
Bump.
If your service qualification doesn't go through , you won't be any fee and it'll not impact your existing service.
I probably should have asked this before I submitted a plan change but anyways, if my current plan is no longer offered by Exetel and my request to change plans doesn't succeed, will I keep my old plan or be forced on to a newer one?

Also the email I got "Notice of plan change for your Exetel ADSL service - #phone number" is written in such a way as to make it seem very ominous as aside from the subject of the email, it doesn't really mention that you have requested a plan change and not a cancellation of your service >.>
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1080Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 pm

I probably should have asked this before I submitted a plan change but anyways, if my current plan is no longer offered by Exetel and my request to change plans doesn't succeed, will I keep my old plan or be forced on to a newer one?

Also the email I got "Notice of plan change for your Exetel ADSL service - #phone number" is written in such a way as to make it seem very ominous as aside from the subject of the email, it doesn't really mention that you have requested a plan change and not a cancellation of your service >.>[/quote]

If your current plan change request to migrate to AAPT is rejected, you will be put to a plan with new pricing. I have sent more information to your nominated email address.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:51 am

remosha wrote:If your current plan change request to migrate to AAPT is rejected, you will be put to a plan with new pricing. I have sent more information to your nominated email address.
Fahim S wrote:If your service qualification doesn't go through , you won't be any fee and it'll not impact your existing service.
I submitted a request to change my plan to an AAPT plan after hearing it wouldn't impact my existing service if it was rejected. My plan was rejected and now I am hearing that my existing service will be impacted (being moved to a new plan). Is there any way to retain the current plan I am using?
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1080Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:28 am

Franpa wrote:
remosha wrote:If your current plan change request to migrate to AAPT is rejected, you will be put to a plan with new pricing. I have sent more information to your nominated email address.
Fahim S wrote:If your service qualification doesn't go through , you won't be any fee and it'll not impact your existing service.
I submitted a request to change my plan to an AAPT plan after hearing it wouldn't impact my existing service if it was rejected. My plan was rejected and now I am hearing that my existing service will be impacted (being moved to a new plan). Is there any way to retain the current plan I am using?
What plan are you on?

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 am

TCV20-200
200GB quota for $49.50.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Franpa wrote:TCV20-200
200GB quota for $49.50.
Please ask sales and provisioning why your change to AAPT could not proceed.

Your plan no longer exists, you cannot keep it, no user is able to.

IronM@sk

Post by IronM@sk » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 pm

James wrote:Your plan no longer exists, you cannot keep it, no user is able to.
So, terrible English aside, what Fahim S was trying to say, by "not impacting your existing service" he means yes, it will impact your existing service. On the same page?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 pm

IronM@sk wrote:
James wrote:Your plan no longer exists, you cannot keep it, no user is able to.
So, terrible English aside, what Fahim S was trying to say, by "not impacting your existing service" he means yes, it will impact your existing service. On the same page?
If a request to change your plan to AAPT/Optus fails, your current plan will remain the same, HOWEVER as we are withdrawing your current plan anyway, you cannot keep it.

IronM@sk

Post by IronM@sk » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm

James wrote:If a request to change your plan to AAPT/Optus fails, your current plan will remain the same, HOWEVER as we are withdrawing your current plan anyway, you cannot keep it.
Oh, no need to inform me. I know quite well how the system works. Perhaps, HOWEVER you might inform Fahim S before he advises another customer that their service will be unaffected if they do the same thing ;)

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:50 pm

IronM@sk wrote:
James wrote:If a request to change your plan to AAPT/Optus fails, your current plan will remain the same, HOWEVER as we are withdrawing your current plan anyway, you cannot keep it.
Oh, no need to inform me. I know quite well how the system works. Perhaps, HOWEVER you might inform Fahim S before he advises another customer that their service will be unaffected if they do the same thing ;)
I will talk to Fahim.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:04 am

What are the details of the TE-2D plan?

Also I made the decision to request a plan change, under the instruction that there wouldn't be any impact on my existing service should the request be denied. So, I don't think I did anything wrong here yet I am being penalized? The choices available are worse then what I had. I can't find this TE-2D plan listed anywhere so don't know anything about it and the ones on the website and in the members area available to me, are just straight up notably worse. Either I spend an extra $8 a month to maintain existing conditions or I pay $2 less and have a quarter of the quota.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:52 am

Franpa wrote:What are the details of the TE-2D plan?

Also I made the decision to request a plan change, under the instruction that there wouldn't be any impact on my existing service should the request be denied. So, I don't think I did anything wrong here yet I am being penalized? The choices available are worse then what I had. I can't find this TE-2D plan listed anywhere so don't know anything about it and the ones on the website and in the members area available to me, are just straight up notably worse. Either I spend an extra $8 a month to maintain existing conditions or I pay $2 less and have a quarter of the quota.
TE-2D = $68.00 per month, 100 gigabytes peak, 120 gigabytes off peak.

Your old plan no longer exists, you are welcome to have it for this month, but from next month it will be changed to one of our new website plans.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:13 pm

But https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php, https://www.exetel.com.au/members/servi ... e_plan.php and https://www.exetel.com.au/members/servi ... onfirm.php do not mention that as a part of the process, the current plan is revoked. If anything there is a a lot of stuff that seems to indicate no such thing would happen, such as "I understand that my existing contract term will continue to apply if I proceed with a plan change" and "I understand that if I am changing plans within the same carrier's network no break in contract is involved."

And then I have the staff member confirming that there will be no impact to my existing service, so I go ahead and make the request to change plans and now I am being told that none of that is true and that there is nothing I can do about it, tough luck? I might ask my dad what I can do about this as it just seems stupid.

I wasn't informed about this problem prior to making the request, if I had known before hand I would never have made the request without being 100% certain of the end result being a success.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:40 am

Franpa wrote:But https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php, https://www.exetel.com.au/members/servi ... e_plan.php and https://www.exetel.com.au/members/servi ... onfirm.php do not mention that as a part of the process, the current plan is revoked. If anything there is a a lot of stuff that seems to indicate no such thing would happen, such as "I understand that my existing contract term will continue to apply if I proceed with a plan change" and "I understand that if I am changing plans within the same carrier's network no break in contract is involved."

And then I have the staff member confirming that there will be no impact to my existing service, so I go ahead and make the request to change plans and now I am being told that none of that is true and that there is nothing I can do about it, tough luck? I might ask my dad what I can do about this as it just seems stupid.

I wasn't informed about this problem prior to making the request, if I had known before hand I would never have made the request without being 100% certain of the end result being a success.
I am obviously not explaining myself properly.

The plan has been removed for all users, we emailed every single user with that plan, and two others notifying them that they had 21 days to move to one of oru current plans.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Hm okay, so then it looks like that email was received at a most inconvenient time as I had received it 2 days after I submitted the plan change request and I was associating it with the plan change request and not independent of it.

Yeah see I'm totally clueless about the whole process involved in transitioning between different infrastructures and was starting to think that as a part of the process the existing plan is revoked for some technical reason before applying the new plan but I guess that is not what happens. Anyways, thanks for clearing up the situation, I guess :? doesn't make me feel much better :(